Biker Boyz

latimer said:
My buddy and I went to see the movie we thought we would learn a few tricks but there wasn't enough scenes on bikes. I have a 2002 CBR929RR Erion racing ed. That thing will lift that front wheel like it isn't even there.
You have to be kidding me bro...the 929 is the worse wheelie bike around...unless you drop a tooth in the front sprocket...but it still sux I hate my 929 b/c it is a bitch to get up

My friend bought a 2000 GSXR1000R with a full yosh and dynojet fuel management. Sotck gearing and I took it out and it will come stright up with throttle only (hop the front end) at 140-150 km/hr. Second gear wheelies are a joke 7500rpm and up.

I don't know this bike could flip in first with barely any throttle and it comes down at about 60mph in first. I had a friend that had the 900 series and he could shift in the air and he would come down around 100mph. I will admit it won't bring it right up in second, but mine is stock, and a inline four if it was a twin I would expcet a lot more low end. But I also haven't rode many other big bikes except the r1 but they don't really seem much different

The 900rr is one of the best "trick" bikes around, you can bring a stock 929 up in second if you "bounce" it basically get to bout 8000rpm roll hard on throttle drop the gas and then roll hard on the throttle again....easiest way is get a tooth dropped on front sprocket though

I just sold my 2000 Suz TL1000R. Fuggin thing was scary, way to torquey. Front wheel was hop happy. Ordered a GSXer1000 have it in 2 weeks.

Choke03 said:
I just sold my 2000 Suz TL1000R. Fuggin thing was scary, way to torquey. Front wheel was hop happy. Ordered a GSXer1000 have it in 2 weeks.

Great! You sold one terrible sounding wheelie machine for a faster, greater sounding, wheelie machine.

terrible sounding? my buddy has a 98 tl with yosh carbonfibre pipes, and I think that it sounds awesome. anyhow, here is what I picked up yesterday: 86 kx 500
weak suspension because its so old, but awesome power, and the price was right

Attachments

• 85kx500.jpg
    85kx500.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 36
midwtchamp said:
The gsxr will get up..that is a bad bike...very tuff to beat...but I am honda man

I agree that the gixxer1000 is a mean bike but I am a Kawi guy. We all have our tastes I suppose.

You think it's bad gettting YOUR front tire up.... try here in Denver. If I remember correctly, it is a 20% loss of power here due to the elevation.

If I went with a new bike I might go for the gixxer 1000 but I don't want to spend the money on the bike, piping, cutting the tail, gearing, etc.. Just give me a charger. I mean, can you imagine a charger on a 6R?? LOL

I should have planned better. *sigh*

Skip

I would prefer a Jesse James, or Paul Yaffe chopper, you know, something that looks like Satan himself rode it sraight out of hell. I prefer drag bars, a raked out front end, custom wheels riding on some wicked rubber on the back about as wide as a tire you'd see on a corvette. All of the accessories chopped, short pipes to hear a roar that would make baby's cry and women get weak in their knees.
So..............how was that bike boys movie?

Thanks a lot guys, I think I had finally gotten the sportbike thing out of my system and now it's back in....shit, I'll probably end up dying on one of these things anyway

Back