Bison?

mb97

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Anyone tried or regularly eat bison? My trainers been trying to get me to eat but damn it's wild tasting!!!

It's great especially ground up.
I like deer as well but to a lot of people it's an acquired taste- I grew up deer hunting so you get used to the gamey taste.

I can eat deer all day long but ground bison honestly smells like dog shit when I go to make patties with it! I'll keep trying to "acquire" the taste.

I wish I was taught to hunt and prep wild game. I would love that! I used to love deer. My ex's father was a big hunter and would send massive packages of venison to us several times a year. That was about all she was good for.

I wish I was taught to hunt and prep wild game. I would love that! I used to love deer. My ex's father was a big hunter and would send massive packages of venison to us several times a year. That was about all she was good for.

LoL

I can eat deer all day long but ground bison honestly smells like dog shit when I go to make patties with it! I'll keep trying to "acquire" the taste.

Well if it were me, there would be NO getting past that! If it smells like dog shit, it aint going anywhere near my mouth!

The stuff I eat has very little smell. we usually have the ground bison very very lean. We use the ground for meatloafs and makes a great chille. Have noticed that the roasts have a bit stronger flavor, I have marinaded bison and other wild meats in balsamic vineger for 8 hours or more takes the stronger taste away. my kids dont know the difference from beef

I've eaten Bison tongue. It is actually pretty good, taste kind of like a pot roast. Boiled it, sliced it up. Good stuff, got it at the local farmer's market.

I eat wild game all the time. Any larger animal (deer or whatever) I put on ice and drain the bloody water off for atleast 3 days to get the game taste out of it. I'd soak the bison for a week I bet that shit is some STRONG shit...

Back