Changing bodybuilding

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
It would be nice if bodybuilding wasn't so political. I wish it was more like strongman and powerlifting where it is clear cut who wins and loses. We have all seen someone who didn't deserve to win, win. If there was a way to change bodybuilding to make it more clear cut what would it be? I know there's many things that go into it and it would be very hard to just have a clear cut winner, but there is something that could be done. I'd say you tell the competitors before each show exactly what the judges want. Some are impressed with size, some with conditioning and some with posing.

I don't think you could fix those problems in bodybuilding without completely changing it. I think it would be cool if there was a powerlifting/bbing hybrid sport where you have to make weight and be 5% or under to get in. Then you would pose like a bbing show and they would take measurements and calculate proportionality (to take out the posing, lighting, vascularity aspect from one grading portion - of course it would be judged in the traditional bbing portion) based on the measurements. The next step would be the physical portion including a powerlifting style meet and a sprinting portion of a 40yd dash. The final step would be a lipid and liver/kidney profile. You get judged evenly (20%) on all 5: the bbing show, measurements, PL total for weight class, 40yd speed, and health. I think this could be a mainstream and would appeal to many non meat head types. If it was my federation, I wouldn't drug test and would spin off to the public the idea that you "can't" win if you do PED's bc we all know they will kill you and would show up in our lipid and liver/kidney panel :P LOL.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but unfortunately, it's pretty much a beauty pageant. Powerlifting and strongman competitions are the way they are because the results are purely from numbers, not the aesthetics of the individual. Whenever it's some kind of artistic nature, "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but unfortunately, it's pretty much a beauty pageant. Powerlifting and strongman competitions are the way they are because the results are purely from numbers, not the aesthetics of the individual. Whenever it's some kind of artistic nature, "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.

Exactly.

pretty much so, and this is why cross fit was created

I understand it is not clear cut, but if there was a basis on what exactly they look for then there might be a way to create a way to make it clear cut. This is all theoretical and will never happen, but I just wanted to get some insight on it. I just don't like when things aren't clear cut. There is never a show that goes without controversy

I think B.B. should go back to the "Arnold era" it was easier to judge. With the introduction of HGH-insulin etc. We now have freaks, B.B. Was starting to go mainstream till B.B.ers just started getting too BIG, ask anyone of todays competeteders to do a vacuum pose with there distended bellys, aint gonna happen, my all ti me fav. B.B.er is Sergio Oliva , Chest=59"/waiste=28"/arms=23"/thighs=31"/height5'10"/weight=240=a mass monster for his time only weighed 240,shit i weigh 245= when you looked at them guys you thought you had a chance to look like that, its the reason i started B.B.ing. All they had back then was test./Deca/d-bol /parabolin / with all that said Phil Heath is the most aesthetic B.B. We had in a while

I think B.B. should go back to the "Arnold era" it was easier to judge. With the introduction of HGH-insulin etc. We now have freaks, B.B. Was starting to go mainstream till B.B.ers just started getting too BIG, ask anyone of todays competeteders to do a vacuum pose with there distended bellys, aint gonna happen, my all ti me fav. B.B.er is Sergio Oliva , Chest=59"/waiste=28"/arms=23"/thighs=31"/height5'10"/weight=240=a mass monster for his time only weighed 240,shit i weigh 245= when you looked at them guys you thought you had a chance to look like that, its the reason i started B.B.ing. All they had back then was test./Deca/d-bol /parabolin / with all that said Phil Heath is the most aesthetic B.B. We had in a while

Well said and I'd have to agree that physiques today are mor cartoonish and basically unachievable

Political, controversial, takes me back to the 72 Mr. O when Joe Weider switched judges at the last minute, and Arnold Won by 1 point, as he did in 1970, when Joe did switched judges again. Sergio won uncontested in 68.

I understand it is not clear cut, but if there was a basis on what exactly they look for then there might be a way to create a way to make it clear cut. This is all theoretical and will never happen, but I just wanted to get some insight on it. I just don't like when things aren't clear cut. There is never a show that goes without controversy

That's the reason they changed the Ms. USA/Universe pageants to where you see this "calculated" number on the screen for each contestant in each category was to appease the same thinking, that there was a system to how they scored. It was more mathematical, and so you could see that the highest scoring woman was going to win the contest. No reason they couldn't do the same thing for the Olympia.

Very good points, I would agree with that.

Your missing the whole point. Fairness has nothing to do with it. It's money or how well liked you are and that's it. Thats why I like trading stocks for a living , no bull shit just money.

It would be nice if bodybuilding wasn't so political. I wish it was more like strongman and powerlifting where it is clear cut who wins and loses. We have all seen someone who didn't deserve to win, win. If there was a way to change bodybuilding to make it more clear cut what would it be? I know there's many things that go into it and it would be very hard to just have a clear cut winner, but there is something that could be done. I'd say you tell the competitors before each show exactly what the judges want. Some are impressed with size, some with conditioning and some with posing.

i dont know of any ways to take politics out of it, other then hide the faces of each competitor,lol, make them wear masks so the judges dont know who each is, but that obviously couldnt happen plus u can tell some bodys from others, but i know of zero way to take politics out of it

Back