Cortizone shots, anyone have input

Presser

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
well some of u may have read that my MRI came back on my right knee and i tore my miniscus and my acl, and dont even know how it happened, anyways its been 2 years now that its been hurting, ands i was wondering about cortizone shots, my question is who has done them and how did they like it

im thinking about getting cortizone for a while and putting off surgery, but only if the cortizone shot will enable me to start building legs again by masking the pain in my knee

Yeah they mask the pain and that can be bad because you can do more damage and not know.........It's how I messed up my back because my doc gave me cortisone shots because I refused back surgery.

So you have to be carefull and know when your pushing it too much.

Bro I wouldn't do it. Like Cyphon and superman said it only masks the problem and will actually be detrimental to your training. A structural problem like that is only going to get worse. Cortisone sucks too. Ive had some and it jacks my bp through the roof. It would be a quick fix possibly but you would pay dearly I suspect. My 2 cents is just don't do it bro. Training is gonna make it worse.

stay away from it bro...like they said, it only masks the pain & it also makes muscle deteriorate...if you are going to keep lifting then you would only damage it more...if you got the $$$, go ahead & get it fixed...

you ever hear of cortisol blockers? cortisol & muscle do not go together...cortisol is bad, bad for bodybuilders...

theres a difference between some tendonitis and and getting the shot, and having torn ligaments...i doubt they would do it if you tore something...

hmm well i know it just masks the pain and as db said its already torn so i know i cant hurt it any worse,lol, i was just curious

A friend of mine had a cortizone injection in his elbow for bad tendonitis, and he said that they put a huge long needle directly into the joint. The shot itself hurt more than the pain he had, and that lasted for a week.

well some of u may have read that my MRI came back on my right knee and i tore my miniscus and my acl, and dont even know how it happened, anyways its been 2 years now that its been hurting, ands i was wondering about cortizone shots, my question is who has done them and how did they like it

im thinking about getting cortizone for a while and putting off surgery, but only if the cortizone shot will enable me to start building legs again by masking the pain in my knee

You will mask the pain,plus once your done the shit you feel pain again,you should do some GH,a friend said he read a study on how GH can help with your type of injury,i could ask him when i see him if he has a link.

my friend gets em for his back, until he can have the surgery. He still trains, but he always complains about his back. After a shot, hes good until it wears off. I would agree with everyone else.
I myself have a golf-ball sized hernia in my groin( looks like a 3rd nut, lol) that ive had for 2+ years. It doesnt hurt though, and i dont have insurance, so heavy training is a gamble daily for me, especially squats.......and gettin BJ's is kinda weird to, for the chick, lol

my friend gets em for his back, until he can have the surgery. He still trains, but he always complains about his back. After a shot, hes good until it wears off. I would agree with everyone else.
I myself have a golf-ball sized hernia in my groin( looks like a 3rd nut, lol) that ive had for 2+ years. It doesnt hurt though, and i dont have insurance, so heavy training is a gamble daily for me, especially squats.......and gettin BJ's is kinda weird to, for the chick, lol

a third nut,lmao, so what do chicks say when they go down and see it

a third nut,lmao, so what do chicks say when they go down and see it
thats the least of their worries! they dont like to look at a tattoo of another chicks name right above my schlong..... that was a no-no...... alcohol sucks...

Back