Crossfit injuries confirmed.

csuperman

I was talking to a physical therapist at the gym today and asked him how many crossfit injuries he has to work with, said he has about 20 people right now and most have torn their labrum. They really like the crossfitters in the medical community thats for sure.

so people do get hurt all the time doing that despite what the followers may say.

I was talking to a physical therapist at the gym today and asked him how many crossfit injuries he has to work with, said he has about 20 people right now and most have torn their labrum. They really like the crossfitters in the medical community thats for sure.

so people do get hurt all the time doing that despite what the followers may say.

No kidding, I wouldnt have guessed it was that bad, but i guess if ya sit down and think about everything they do and the main thing is the PACE they try to do shit in, it makes perfect sense

My current training partner is a cross fitter, and i hate her ideas. There's alot of slinging weight, no focus on a muscle group, everything is "whole body". Lots of jerking and throwing weight. I can see tons if injurious actions. I refuse to do them. I'm training her how to really work out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

whatthehell is a labrum?

To compensate for the shallow socket, the shoulder joint has a cuff of cartilage called a labrum that forms a cup for the end of the arm bone (humerus) to move within. The labrum circles the shallow shoulder socket (the glenoid) to make the socket deeper. This cuff of cartilage makes the shoulder joint much more stable, and allows for a very wide range of movements (in fact, the range of movements your shoulder can make far exceeds any other joint in the body). The labrum is made of a thick tissue that is susceptible to injury with trauma to the shoulder joint. When a patient sustains a shoulder injury, it is possible that the patient has a labral tear. The labrum also becomes more brittle with age, and can fray and tear as part of the aging process.

If they focused on form it'd be one thing, but these guys go for times instead of thinking about form. I'm sure if any of us did it and didn't focus on setting records then we'd be alright, but then again we wouldn't be that good at it.

If they focused on form it'd be one thing, but these guys go for times instead of thinking about form. I'm sure if any of us did it and didn't focus on setting records then we'd be alright, but then again we wouldn't be that good at it.

Agreed! I'll bet they have way better wind then bodybuilders for the most part!

Is it me or is it all these "fad" life cross fit, px90, boot camp, or whatever just gimmicks to get peoples money? I know a lot of us have the ol meathead weight training princples but at least the basics work. Just shut up and lift!

Thats why my shoulder is still fucked up today, I had a torn labrum and had surgery, but it hasn't been right since. And no it wasn't from doing crossfit, it was from doing military presses behind my neck and beating off too much

I have a torn labrem not from crossfit, but from pitching. And yeah crossfit emphasizes all the wrong things. I wish it wasn't so appealing because it does get people in the gym who otherwise would have never gone.

To compensate for the shallow socket, the shoulder joint has a cuff of cartilage called a labrum that forms a cup for the end of the arm bone (humerus) to move within. The labrum circles the shallow shoulder socket (the glenoid) to make the socket deeper. This cuff of cartilage makes the shoulder joint much more stable, and allows for a very wide range of movements (in fact, the range of movements your shoulder can make far exceeds any other joint in the body). The labrum is made of a thick tissue that is susceptible to injury with trauma to the shoulder joint. When a patient sustains a shoulder injury, it is possible that the patient has a labral tear. The labrum also becomes more brittle with age, and can fray and tear as part of the aging process.

ON SHIT!!, now I have something else to worry about! lol Thanks for info. Had never heard
of that before. Seems almost everyone who has heard of it, it is because of injury.

High impact, and jerking motions cause injuries?
Never would have guessed!

Back