Eating more fish now

nuknuk

MuscleChemistry member
As of now I am eating 4lbs of fish a day along with just eggs to see how my body responds to it. Just wanted to see if eating alot of fish would help with the diet thing. Going to give it a week or two.

I love salmon, you can keep the tuna, and tilapia isn't bad besides the fact it is a trash fish in Texas. I am partial to Redfish and especially speckled trout but Im not sure on the nutrient profiles.

I eat fish more then any other animal protein. I have a huge bag of frozen flounder filets, I eat 3 a day, not including my tuna, they don't fill me up to much, loaded with protein, and leves more room for rice and veggies.

I'm doing this too... I know many people who do fish closer to a show because it helps lean them out better than chicken.

I'm eating tilapia 4x/day. A 4oz serving only has 90 calories (as opposed to 120 with chicken breast), so figure you do that for enough weeks along with the cardio and other diet/training tactics and by show day, you're right on the money!

I'm doing this too... I know many people who do fish closer to a show because it helps lean them out better than chicken.

I'm eating tilapia 4x/day. A 4oz serving only has 90 calories (as opposed to 120 with chicken breast), so figure you do that for enough weeks along with the cardio and other diet/training tactics and by show day, you're right on the money!

EXACTLY.....Talapia is the way to go the last 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't do salmon as I find it too heavy and sits in the gut. When you get this close you want to have something that gets through the system faster. Steph, what show are you getting ready for? If that is ok to ask.

EXACTLY.....Talapia is the way to go the last 3-4 weeks. I wouldn't do salmon as I find it too heavy and sits in the gut. When you get this close you want to have something that gets through the system faster. Steph, what show are you getting ready for? If that is ok to ask.

I know salmon has good fats, but isn't that better for off-season since it's higher in calories? Everyone I know eats white fishes (tilapia, cod, flounder) or tuna, and supplements with fish oil.

I'm doing the Jr USAs at the end of May. :)

I know salmon has good fats, but isn't that better for off-season since it's higher in calories? Everyone I know eats white fishes (tilapia, cod, flounder) or tuna, and supplements with fish oil.

I'm doing the Jr USAs at the end of May. :)

I agree with Steph, save the salmon for off season although I have to say I can't eat it. It just sits in my stomach too long and is heavy. I eat every 2 hours and I need that food gone as much as possible.

END of May? Wow that is close...good luck.

Back