Exercises for Triceps

• Thread starter Thread starter saudades
  • Start date Start date
well it's been a few months since this was posted... have you guys tried the new exercises yet? and if so, how was the progress... seems that most of the posters in this thread are still here and active..

incline close grip press in smith machine worked wonder for me.then follow with flat then decline,try to hit diferent angle of the tris.

incline close grip press in smith machine worked wonder for me.then follow with flat then decline,try to hit diferent angle of the tris.

Stickler* said:
well it's been a few months since this was posted... have you guys tried the new exercises yet? and if so, how was the progress... seems that most of the posters in this thread are still here and active..

Just looking back and saw my old thread. I have been trying the reverse-grip on the smith off and on, but I can't seem to get the right feel. I've been doing pulldown and dips to superset recently, and it seems to be working albeit slowly. The problem is that my tris are really strong, so I often don't get sore at all. I may have to really increase the volume on them because they don't get to muscular failure without a lot of heavy work.

if you work your tri's with chest, to make it eaiser on your elbows, start with chest, get your presses done then start to work your tri's. at least youll be warmed up and the pain in the elbows should subside alittle.

Malic said:
ever tried reverse grip with dumbells??? just an idea
I forgot how smart this guy was!!! lol Didn't his parents have to drag
his head out from under their truck tire - he said he was trying skullcrushers.

doing skull crushers on a incline bench will take a bit of stress off ur elbows. And make sure your technique is right when do the exercises, i.e-when doing pushdowns or tricep extensions, keep your scapula retracted, it will make sure ur working all ur tri's and none of ur shoulders. Keep the movement slow to, all that should help break down the muscle and should get u alil sore the next day or 2

saudades said:
Just looking back and saw my old thread. I have been trying the reverse-grip on the smith off and on, but I can't seem to get the right feel. I've been doing pulldown and dips to superset recently, and it seems to be working albeit slowly. The problem is that my tris are really strong, so I often don't get sore at all. I may have to really increase the volume on them because they don't get to muscular failure without a lot of heavy work.

Soreness isn't the best indicator for growth. Strength increase is though. If you keep going up in weight then you are getting stronger, and therefore gaining more muscle.

Reverse grip bench is kind of uncomfortable at first, but if you find the right position on the smith machine they can be okay. Back when I was doing DC training we would do reverse grip starting with 225lbs and working up to about 275 or so. It really hit the tri's but it isn't the most comfortable exercise.

I certainly have been increasing the weight pretty much every week on any exercise I've done for triceps so I guess I am gaining. I just wish I could see it. I'll keep trying the reverse grip as well.

Back