Finally getting my raise...

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
It's been 6 months since I got my last raise, but this is the one I've been waiting to get. I'm in the union so we get raises at weird times and often they come in increments when you take a new job and the first couple are minor raises, then the last one through "progression" is the biggest one. After a year of taking my new job I got a $.50 raise, then 6 months later I got another $.50 raise, but this next one is going to be a $9 raise. All of them are per hour so I'm thrilled to finally be getting this one. I knew 2 years ago that it'd be great when I got around to this one, but it seemed like it was never coming around. I get it on Monday so this was my last shitty paycheck and from now on I should be able to make some serious money. It's coming at a perfect time since I just moved into a new house (been living with my gf and her parents for the last 2.5 years), so I'll actually have bills and it's holiday season. I know some of you are going through rough times and don't want to throw it in anyone's face, but I'm just ecstatic to finally be getting a good raise.

Congrats Big.. I'm looking at about 4.50 hour raise in the next few months. Can't wait. That will help with the 900 dollars I'm paying in child support..

congrats man thats a nice chunk of change per year i bet that will help out big over the holiday season. I wish I would get a raise of that size mine is like 30 freaking cents I hate my job I have to get out of this place but gotta get my ducks lined up everywhere else first.

they can if your judgement is set at a % of income

I hope this isn't true.. She already got have of the settlement from my little girls death.. And the bad thing it wasn't her daughter.. She is as low as they get in my book.

Geese lightsout your ex sounds below the dirt level !CONGRATS WV. Killer news bro..glad the unions aretakin care of you. Pipefitters union sure wouldn't . Lol

Geese lightsout your ex sounds below the dirt level !CONGRATS WV. Killer news bro..glad the unions aretakin care of you. Pipefitters union sure wouldn't . Lol

It is was hard to look at her when we was married.. Now I can't stand the sight of her.. What goes around comes around..

Thanks guys. I'm happy to actually have a job yet alone a good paying one with benefits. The union has it's ups and downs, but ours is great when it comes to handling our compensation. If you ever go on disability at least short term it's terrible, but that happens.

Back