Going to try out Pepto Pro Whey ...

Chris250

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
Mike (from Prescription Nutrition) whats me to try using pepto pro whey post workout...its not the greatest tasting whey (ive heard its bitter) but if it helps with recovery im all for it...So anyway, gonna give it a go and see if it helps...I'll keep you guys updated in my log ...

Depends if it's just straight I suppose. I've had it in the powdered muscle from True Protein, and NO Shotgun and neither are very bitter at all. I've switched to ON hydrowhey PWO and hydro is supposed to bitter but this stuff is awesome.
Very interested to see how you like the pepto, I didn't know PN was carrying it.

I'll be switching over to this blend myself. It's a solid product any which way you look at it.

just got my order in today....cant wait to have my first whey shake in the morning ...

Chris are you going to add anything to the post workout shake? BCAA'a...carbs. From what I've read you don't need as much peptopro as you would regular whey. How much do you plan on taking?

Depends if it's just straight I suppose. I've had it in the powdered muscle from True Protein, and NO Shotgun and neither are very bitter at all. I've switched to ON hydrowhey PWO and hydro is supposed to bitter but this stuff is awesome.
Very interested to see how you like the pepto, I didn't know PN was carrying it.

Peptopro is in none of these products...chris misinformed you...peptopro is hydrolyzed caseinate and its patented...no big name company uses it

Peptopro is in none of these products...chris misinformed you...peptopro is hydrolyzed caseinate and its patented...no big name company uses it

Yes, I know what peptopro, and the fact it is a brand name. I was comparing it to hydrolyzed whey which can also taste bitter, and two other products that contain peptopro. None of which were bitter for me.

Ok, just dont want people getting the 2 confused. PeptoPro wont get extremely bitter in low doses, but drinking 45g grams of it is a different story...thats the trick with us. ours never does, we spent a lot of time formulating the flavoring and it worked perfect...some guys from primordial performance using our peptopro over their own, simply because we nailed the taste

I'm anxious to see some results from this, hopefully Chris likes it....I've gotta get my shit together and put in an order

Hey Mike can you chime in on the dosage and my question I had for Chris earlier in the thread??? Thanks.

Chris are you going to add anything to the post workout shake? BCAA'a...carbs. From what I've read you don't need as much peptopro as you would regular whey. How much do you plan on taking?

Correct you dont need as much because of the increased absorption. Hes taking BCAA N More pre and intra workout. No carbs for him because we have him on keto diet 5 days of the week currently...So post workout should be 1 heaping scoop of PeptoPro...we'll play with it as we see or dont see results...

We have another competitor using this stuff strictly PWO as well. I'll chime in with his results as well...One heaping scoop btw is just over 1/3 cup yielding about 30-35g protein per serving...

Another benefit with PeptoPro is you never get the full feeling. I'm thinking Chris should be feeling hungry about 30-45min after this shake and thats perfect for more whey and some healthy fats...he better start the coconut oil or im gonna kick his ass....the advantage of this is protein pulsing...many people think this doesnt work, but it does, why do you think the olympic trainers use protein pulse methods PWO...pulsing your intake can have many advantages and thats something for another day...but you see the method to the madness here...

Wow I appreciate the detailed answer. Any time you want to start a new thread on the protein pulse methods feel free, I'll be tuned in.

Back