Gym machines...

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I know most people will say that Hammer Strength are the best machines with the most natural movements, but at my new gym they've got Star Trac machines and I must say that the few that I've used I'm quite impressed with. I used the leg curl and leg extension machines today and they were so smooth and at a slightly different angle than the Hammer Strength machines I'm used to. It felt great, but it started to make me wonder if the machines were any better or if it's simply because you're at a different angle or also could it be that some are designed with pulleys and cables and some are with those flat rubber band type cable. What is your thoughts on this, are the machines from gym to gym any better or is it just because it's a different angle that makes the difference?

My Gym put in Star trac machines few months ago. I really like them. As compared to other machines not sure. I've used a few different types and the angle does make a diff for me. The Star bench machine lets you adjust starting point. I uses a hammer bench that did not and it put a lot of stress on my shoulder joints to start the lift. I'm 46 and my goals are different one of my goals is to avoid injury and protect my joints. I also like the pull down angle of the Star better than hammer

I'd never used Star Trac before, but they're actually pretty nice. I was shocked because I've always used Nautilus, Hammer and Icarian

I need to check but I believe the machines at my gym are star trac. I like most of them, but still prefer free weights for most chest movements.

I need to check but I believe the machines at my gym are star trac. I like most of them, but still prefer free weights for most chest movements.

Yea, for chest I don't use anything except free weights. There's only a handful of these machines I use, but the ones I do have impressed me. They've got a seated concentration curl machine that's nice, the reverse flye machine for rear delts is nice and the other I like is the leg extension. I'm sitting lower than normal with my legs slightly more elevated and it feels a lot better

Back