Headed to the poultry farm.

kalevra

I have recently decided that I no longer want to ingest the added hormones that are injected into the chicken breasts I purchase weekly at the grocery store. I have found an all organic fed poultry farm where I will start purchasing my chicken. Does anyone have any knowledge in this area? Do you think there will be any benefit from eating the all natural chicken compared to the chicken purchased in the grocery store?

Chicken from the grocery store is probably fine. It is illegal to inject hormones in chicken. Even though many label themselves as "natural" or "no hormones added", they are just stating what is true about all chicken. The thing that can vary is their diet, depending on if they are cage free, free range etc.
That effects the egg nutrition more than the actual meat though from what I understand.

So for me, I'll but chicken breast from whatever grocer has it on sale, but I allways buy either free range or cage free eggs because they have CLA and Omega 3 in them.

Never gave much thought about this in all honesty. Is there a big price differance between buying these

Back