How many of you use fish oil?

1MoreRep

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Crash recommended fish oil for my joints. Was wondering if any of you use it or anything else. I've been off for around 3 weeks now and can def feel a little pain in my joints.

Yeah you have to get the enteric coated ones... guaranteed not to give you fish burps, reflux, after taste etc. With the enteric coating they don't even digest till the hit the intestinal tract so no taste. I take 2 grams twice a day... its not only good for your joints but it triggers the bodies natural anti inflammatory system so it helps with all aches and pains not just joints. Its said to be good for cardio vascular health, lipid levels, brain function, hair, skin, nails... really supposed to be good for a number of things... and yes doctors and pharma companies are collectively releasing a study here and there that says it has zero benefits... but in all reality there's 1,000 studies to 1 that shows proof that it has a number of positive effects so no pharma lovers telling me I am wrong!

There is a thread out there about HDL/LDL levels where I provided more information on some benefits of fish oil (omega 3's) and the ONE NEGATIVE side effect that I know of...

Last edited:
3 grams or higher can reduce the "stickiness of blood platelets"... so not a negative really unless you are on blood thinners or have a hard time clotting period.

P.S. I am NOT SURE the effect that 3 grams may have a womans cycle... but most women on here are all pinned up and don't have womanly times anyway so I am not sure that even matters lol

Last edited:
some people don't get the reflux but more often then not they do. That's why most of them are lemon flavored if they are not enteric coated.

I use about 2 teaspoons a day. HRT doctor actually recommended it. Not only does it help with joints, but it cuts down cholesterol and enhances brain activity (memory retention and crap like that)

I also use fish oil. It is good for the fat burning and cholesterol control.
It improves the heart heath and reduces the risk of the heart stroke, that's why it is mostly recommended for the heart patients.

Last edited:
Ditto that. I've been eating clean and the fats you get from fish oil are good if you're trying to lose weight. Abs are starting to make a comeback finally. Upping from 2 grams to 3 grams a day next week.

I take them daily. I have the lemon infused ones so that keeps the nasty taste from occurring for me. My joints always feel better when using them. Plus if it does help with blood pressure and cholesterol levels then that is a plus. Especially for those that do use gear.

Crash recommended fish oil for my joints. Was wondering if any of you use it or anything else. I've been off for around 3 weeks now and can def feel a little pain in my joints.
Fish oil(and flax oil) are excellent for MANY things!(joints being one of them). I haven't gone without using EFA's since I first started using them 12-13yrs ago. Most people, I think, would agree with me that once you've used EFA's in sufficient dosages for a period of time that you can tell a huge difference in how lean you stay(with comprable diet, as you would without EFA's), general sense of wellbeing, skin health, hair health, joint health, and most bloodwork will show significant improvement with regular EFA supplementation.

Still haven't taken it. I cut out so many vitamin and minerals and stuck with very minimal. Uricare, Tyler's Liver, fiber, and niacin is all I take.

Back