IGF application for Posterior Elbow Pain

yeah bro lots of guys have used it for elbow among many other joints areas with great success

You don't listen to anyone's advice anyway, so what sense does it make for anyone to even come in here and help you out? Exactly it makes no sense! You are going to end up using it anyway, and knowing how you don't research anything, and don't listen as well, you will end up running a shitty protocol. This is usually where I wish people best of luck, but you don't deserve any.

yeah bro lots of guys have used it for elbow among many other joints areas with great success

so just apply on top of elbow? how much? oh and im not on IGF or wanna be on IGF...my bro is on it and he said its okay if i use a lil just for my elbow

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure where to apply it...but I would say start out low dose say 20mcg's ED..for a week and see how you feel...I do believe it does work better in area's that you apply it....I apply it on my biceps and they have grown a good 1/2 to 3/4 inch in the past 2 months or so...

I'm getting ready to order more igf just for the fact that my elbow is hurting again. I haven't used it in a while and the pain came back.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

well i just got back from the orthopedic, MRI came out negative so I now got Phyisical therapy starting in a few weeks. He said a cortisone shot isnt a good idea cuz it might weaken the tendon and cause it to rupture. This isnt the same with IGF is it?

I havent lifted in 6 weeks and i have therapy in 3 weeks. I wanna apply IGF, but i dont know where. pain is from the tricep tendon right on/above elbow. Do i apply just once and thats it? And where? On the tendon? or just anywhere near the tendon.

I'm going to post what I replied to you from the pm you sent me:

If you're going to use IGF, apply it to the middle of the long head of the triceps. That's the muscle. That's the middle of the back of your arm. DO NOT apply an inch above the elbow. Get a look at an anatomy chart. IGF cannot be applied just anywhere.

IGF isn't a magic fix-all. You'd probably need to do it at least every other day (eod), applying 40mcg in one arm, then 40mcg in the other arm the next day--or every day (ed), 20mcg applied to each arm every day, probably for about a month. It isn't going to heal something in one day. You need to do some serious research. If I were you, I'd be trying to read up on all this stuff, not just asking people, "what should I do?" Take some time to figure this stuff out. Don't expect everyone else to simply give you what you want. That may sound a little harsh, but you really do need to know for yourself and understand what you're doing.

Hey guys, I am back. Havent done IGF application yet. Since I am going to push for 2 cortisone shots. 1 in each elbow.

After 4 months, and 15 Physical Therapy sessions THE PAIN IS GONE, BUT THE SWELLING IS STILL THERE. My therapist does everything she can do to reduce swelling (ultrasound, electrotherapy, massage, releasing trigger point, releasing tricep head) but it still flares up during workout. Keep in mind its always swollen. It just becomes worse during workouts. Esp after working out biceps. Physical Therapist does think I should get a cortisone shot in each elbow since they are still puffy after 4 months of treating it.

A month ago when I still had pain my orthopedic was iffy about cortisone since "its close to tendons" Cant he inject in the bursitis? What can I say that will change his mind?

On the other hand, is IGF anit-inflammatory? Just in-case Cortisone isnt covered by my insurance. last resort=HGH(not 100% srs, but orthopedic mentioned it for a second)

I've had success with micro dosing soft tissue injuries directly into the injured tissue (and even sub q around the knee area)....i would not reccomend this practice to everyone though....I'm rather adventurous...but I do beleive u can directly inject into tendons...

On the other hand, is IGF anit-inflammatory? Just in-case Cortisone isnt covered by my insurance. last resort=HGH(not 100% srs, but orthopedic mentioned it for a second)
I have had a few soft tissue injuries in my day (making myself sound old)...cortisone will only mask the issue....and make a tear more likely...GH will help...but over a long period of time...i'd go with igf-1 micro dosed in 10mcg increments...maybe 30-40mcgs a day....igf-1 is definitely ur best for injury repair (according to datbtrue as well)

well if i cant get cortisone shots i will have to look into some serious stuff...pretty serious. gym is my passion, been lifting since I was 15 got serious about it couple years ago. I now havent lifted seriously for 4 months since my tendinitis. I truley have no boundaries on what to use to get my elbows and tendons so get better.

I cant live to the fullest without working out, I want to look good and I want to workout. I cant stand not working out.

If you dont want to post in the thread please just messege me.

its been about 2 months since i stopped igf, i can tell the difference, my tendon pains came back, that stuff works miracles on joint pain , arthritis, and tendon pain,butt i also take low dose sobaxone for my tendonitis, so them too combined are life savers for me, and i also play drums in a metal band so i constantly use my hands, shit, I cant wait till my box arrives

I'm going to post what I replied to you from the pm you sent me:

If you're going to use IGF, apply it to the middle of the long head of the triceps. That's the muscle. That's the middle of the back of your arm. DO NOT apply an inch above the elbow. Get a look at an anatomy chart. IGF cannot be applied just anywhere.

IGF isn't a magic fix-all. You'd probably need to do it at least every other day (eod), applying 40mcg in one arm, then 40mcg in the other arm the next day--or every day (ed), 20mcg applied to each arm every day, probably for about a month. It isn't going to heal something in one day. You need to do some serious research. If I were you, I'd be trying to read up on all this stuff, not just asking people, "what should I do?" Take some time to figure this stuff out. Don't expect everyone else to simply give you what you want. That may sound a little harsh, but you really do need to know for yourself and understand what you're doing.

appreciate the reply, my tricep tendon is whats the problem that is why I cant get a cortisone shot. For IGF your saying apply to the tricep muscle? Will it help out the tendon? I have had tricep tendinitis for the past 4 months. Its inflamed and I tried everything that the orthopedic can do besides surgery.

Back