Just out of curiosity how much cardio do you guys do?

jtunderdog

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
I said it in an earlier post but I am hypothyroid so Im a special case, but I am up to 13 miles on the bike 5 days a week. I want to get to 20 or so. My heart rate stayed around 110 and I was at 7 out of 10 resistance. 4 minute miles and I wasn't winded. Im starting to actually feel like I may be getting back in shape.

That is really good jt. I stopped doing cardio about 3 month ago when I began working out with only 30 seconds rest between sets. After a 45 minute work out my heart rate is over 130. No need for me to do 30 additional minutes of cardio.

20 mins hiit on push bike with a heart rate of no more than 155.. then 15 mins incline walk fast pace..and I'm done. Cant do long cardio I get bored...hiit works great for me..plus I ride to the gym 15 there and back.

I def need to start some cardio. Its so hard for me to get up and get motivated in the mornings to do cardio.

35 minutes 4x a week. At least twice a week fasted in the am steady state and the other two I did intervals.

Twice fasted, walking with the dog. And 3x sprinting for 15 minutes intervals or 440's or hill sprints. I wish I had a prowler. I'd include that into my HIIT work. On off days (of cardio) sometimes I jump rope too.

well I really want to get a road bike, it is def on the list of shit to get, but right now no cardio other than the fst-7 workouts

very little if you are not grossly overweight you can lift with short rest between sets and follow a contest diet and get in great shape in 8 weeks. As far as using cardio for a competition bodybuilder I feel it is very over rated most top pros are cutting back to preserve muscle.

very little if you are not grossly overweight you can lift with short rest between sets and follow a contest diet and get in great shape in 8 weeks. As far as using cardio for a competition bodybuilder I feel it is very over rated most top pros are cutting back to preserve muscle.

Some people can't run that little and stay lean and most pro's don't do cardio because of the gross amount of drugs they are on.

I haven't really done cardio at all, but at my age, I think it may become a necessity. I'm planning on getting an hour weekly of moderate to high intensity cardio on an elliptical at home. I just have to make myself wake up on Saturdays to do it, lol. Seriously though, it's in the plan to start up soon.

Back