Ketogenic diet question

Why the hell would want too have 50 lbs swings in the offseason and Ive tried both I did keto several times it doesnt work for me at all when I cut Ill go really low carb and low fat high protien with carb ups every 4 days or so but never high fat zero carb for extended period tried it multiple times just doesnt woek for me .

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Why the hell would want too have 50 lbs swings in the offseason and Ive tried both I did keto several times it doesnt work for me at all when I cut Ill go really low carb and low fat high protien with carb ups every 4 days or so but never high fat zero carb for extended period tried it multiple times just doesnt woek for me .

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

I never said you wanted to have a 50lb swing, but it does happen in the BB world. It happens all the time when someone shifts from powerlifting to BB.

I am totally cool if it doesn't work for you. If you can't tell, I kind of like it and it works for me; I like eating when I am hungry ( for some reason I am rarely starving on a keto diet) I don't have to count my macros. If you can handle the keto flu, it is actually pretty refreshing to eat food that are normally no no's.........so to each his own.

- - - Updated - - -

you can bulk with a keto diet and gain muscle.. ive done it myself

I know the anabolic diet proposed that.............I think it would be shear misery. I have a very low appitite when on a keto diet and to force eat all the meat would be aweful.........but you are right it can be done.

When you did this did you seem to gain more muscle than fat than on a traditional bul,k or was it virtually the same on muscle to fat gain?

[h=2]My Cutting Diet[/h]I have two separate diets- one for training days and one for off days.
During this weight loss phase, I went to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, before eating (empty stomach), where I'd hit the weights for about 20 minutes and do cardio for 25-40 minutes a constant pace (heart rate: ~140BPM +/- 10BPM).
This diet and training protocol works because- when you have no food in your system, or haven't eaten in 8+ hours, your turns to your body fat (and muscle) to produce energy. That's what I want. I want to use my body fat for energy. To minimize muscle loss, I took BCAAs (branch chain amino acids) before and during my workout. Instead of burning muscle for energy, the body burns the BCAAs.
Training Days & Non-Training Days
5am Wake Up (Don't Eat, Take BCAAs)
6:30am Hit the Gym (Take more BCAAs), train for 50 minutes, weights for 20-25minutes, cardio AFTER for 25-45 minutes)
7:45am Protein Shake (1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk, 2 Scoops of Protein Powder, 1 Heaping Scoop of Peanut Butter, Greens (spinach, kale or broccoli TASTELESS), Ice Cubes, Stevia Extract.
9:25am 4-5 Omega-3 Eggs, 2%/Full Fat Cheese, Organic Tomatoes Diced, Safflower Mayonnaise, Hot Sauce, Oregano Spice
11:45am 2 8oz. Chicken Breasts, 2%/Full Cheese, Organic Tomatoes Diced, Safflower Mayonnaise, Hot Sauce, Oregano Spice
3:00pm 1 Can of Tuna, Safflower Mayonnaise, Hot Sauce, Oregano Spice, Organic Vinegar
6:30pm Protein Shake (1.5 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk, 2 Scoops of Protein Powder, 1 Heaping Scoop of Peanut Butter, Greens (spinach, kale or broccoli TASTELESS), Ice Cubes, Stevia Extract.
8:30pm (one of the solid food meals from above) Eggs, chicken or tuna, or block of Organic Tofu w/ Soy Sauce
*On non-training days, I'll eat when I get up
Notes
All of these meals are interchangeable- I don't worry too much about the # of calories simply because NOTHING sticks to you when you eat virtually no carbohydrates. The only carbohydrates in the diet are the green in the shake (tasteless) and the organic tomatoes. The main thing is to train BEFORE you eat. That makes the dramatic fat loss possible. The BCAAs (in high amounts), the protein and the healthful (unsaturated fat) keeps the muscle on my body.
Every once in a while (after 3-5 days of this diet) I'll have a carbohydrate-based meal as the LAST meal of the day. I would do that if I was working out my legs the following morning.

Back