lagging lower chest

tattoray

what do u guys suggest for a lagging lower chest.
should i start my chest work out with decline presses. i usally start with incline or flat.

any suggestions..................:dead:

guess ill start doing some dips i do bench dips alot manly for triceps never done pullovers ill give them a try.

If you can, work up to adding extra weight when doing dips. That'll really bring out your chest.

i think my problem is big arms and big triceps and weak chest. it seems difficult for me to isolate my chest

i think my problem is big arms and big triceps and weak chest. it seems difficult for me to isolate my chest

if youre trying to really isolate your chest, hit up some flyes. just keep your arms locked in place and just use your chest to squeeze the weight up

well i gave the bumbell pullovers a try ....and think i fucked up my sholder hurts to raise it..

Last edited:
how tall are you bro? if you're 6' or taller you may want to focus solely on doing incline and decline benching and skip the flat. I'm 6'2" and I did this for a while and it made a huge difference for me and some of the taller guys I used to train with.

How's the shoulder feeling? rest, ice and Ibuprofen

I am 6 ft. last week i did dips and it was very hard for me to do 3 sets of 6 was about it i leaned forward as much as i could . it was kinda pain full not in a good way. so this week i mixed it up and did bis and tris on Sunday and chest on Monday.i went to dips first and could hardly do 1 set of six so it leads me to believe i still using tris to much and they were just wasted from the day before the rest of my work out looked like this. flat 3 x 10, incline db 3x8, decline db 3x8, machine flys 3x10, cable cross overs 3x10, and some very pain full db pullovers..(ouch i should have stopped with the first set) shoulder better this morning but i think ill hit legs today instead of back to further rest the shoulder.

I used to hurt my shoulders doing flat barbell bench - I got long arms and am 6'1".
instead of dropping it, I just tweaked my form. I use a very wide grip and dont lock out on the top of the movement. this does two thing:

1. keeps the tension/stress on my chest where it belongs and not on my shoulders/triceps
2. the locking out motion causes me to roll my shoulders forward - which im guessing is not a natural movement for the shoulders. that caused quite of bit of pain and discomfort.

I keep these conditions the same no matter what I do for chest.

Back