Lets talk....Carbohydrates

I time my carbs a bit. Basically I keep each meal to 1 cup of brown rice or 1 pack of oatmeal for my first 4 meals. After workout I have probably 100 grams of carbs from Apple juice, strawberries, banana, and sugar from Greek yogurt. After that I do my best to have no carbs. Well other than the small amount in almonds and nuts. I like to keep my abs and serratus clear visible and my waist super tight. This keeps me there, but I also do 30-45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. Sometimes 6. Miss a single one of those carb meals and I go flat fast, but I also tighten up fast.
This diet has had no negative effects on my ability to make slow progress in the gym. If anything I'm better as my energy levels are easy to control and predict and I get excited to train because shit gets real when I've got a pump!
I have one cheap meal a week, but it's usually no higher in carbs than a whole Publix sub.
My suggestion (and what I did) is go super low with the carbs and high with the cardio for as long as you can and get real lean. Once you reach a point that your happy with slowly add in carbs by adding say 1 cup of brown rice per day total and evaluate for 5-6 days. You'll quickly learn how many and what kind of carbs you can eat and keep your condition. Breads are my Achilles heal. I love breads, but they trash my conditioning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is simple and brilliant, exactly what I have begun doing. What would you compensate though for your super low carb days? Higher fats in the form of mixed nuts, avocados and oils? I barely eat any carbs, my carbs only come from Veggies, fruits and Oatmeal (Quaker Oats). No rice, bread, pasta, potatoes... for me.

Back