Lifting and recreational activities

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I've noticed lately that things that I used to love to do have become very awkward because of my lack of range of motion. I used to play baseball when I was younger, but I went to the batting cage with my nephew the other day and I ciuld barely swing a bat. It was humiliating and actually pissed me off. The same goes for my golf swing, I won't give up lifting so I guess I've gotta take up stretching more.

I'm sure I'll continue to find other things, but I couldn't imagine being a lot bigger because I'm sure it only gets worse. Hell just reaching for the seat belt can cause me to have a cramp in my back which then becomes an embarassing sequence of events in my car.

How do you bigger guys handle this? Do you just not do the things you used to?

I already know Presser has to wipe between his legs since he can't reach around (even though he was taught that way)

I've noticed lately that things that I used to love to do have become very awkward because of my lack of range of motion. I used to play baseball when I was younger, but I went to the batting cage with my nephew the other day and I ciuld barely swing a bat. It was humiliating and actually pissed me off. The same goes for my golf swing, I won't give up lifting so I guess I've gotta take up stretching more.

I'm sure I'll continue to find other things, but I couldn't imagine being a lot bigger because I'm sure it only gets worse. Hell just reaching for the seat belt can cause me to have a cramp in my back which then becomes an embarassing sequence of events in my car.

How do you bigger guys handle this? Do you just not do the things you used to?

I already know Presser has to wipe between his legs since he can't reach around (even though he was taught that way)

LOL, THNX DICK! lol, And for me i just got to a point where the gym was all i wanted to do anyhow, i was into all kinds of sports before, but yeah you lose a lot of range of motion as u said, but doing powerlifting meets then moving into bodybuilding competitively is what kept me going, as long as theirs a way to compete in some way, shape or form, im ok with it! lol,

I wish I could have been there to see you at the cage lol, i went with my buddys once and even posted about here cause i was SOO fucking humiliated as i could not hit one fucking ball out of like 12 pitches,lol, it was absolutey pathetic !

Damn....I needed that laugh first thing this morning...Bahahahaha!!!!!!!

I can always tell by my range of motion before the scale tells me I've made some significant gains.... ;)

LOL, THNX DICK! lol, And for me i just got to a point where the gym was all i wanted to do anyhow, i was into all kinds of sports before, but yeah you lose a lot of range of motion as u said, but doing powerlifting meets then moving into bodybuilding competitively is what kept me going, as long as theirs a way to compete in some way, shape or form, im ok with it! lol,

I wish I could have been there to see you at the cage lol, i went with my buddys once and even posted about here cause i was SOO fucking humiliated as i could not hit one fucking ball out of like 12 pitches,lol, it was absolutey pathetic !

Haha, I had to throw that out there for the new members...

Anyway, I don't know how many balls there were, but I might have hit 2 and only one was an actual hit and not just getting a piece of it. It was bullshit and to top it off I got horrible blisters from the shitty grip on the bat. I just ruined any dignity I had when it came to playing baseball in the past because you certainly can't tell I ever played now.

My shoulders are about the only place I've noticed a significant drop in range of motion, but I'm sure if I tried playing soccer again I'd find that my hips have no range of motion too

Lol i went to batting cage with sons a hit 2 out of 25 lol i did knock the shit out of them tho (i could only chop at the ball)

I play on a pool league and it gets difficult getting cramps and pump

I actually dont want to get any bigger because of the lose of motion

Last edited:
who on here can actually wipe around the back anyways lol
stretching and flexibility is key for lessening injuries, I do it a lot but still I am no where near where
I should be. I can kick high, but my hip flexers are always non-compliant, and that is w tons of stretching

stretching and flexibility is key for lessening injuries, I do it a lot but still I am no where near where
I should be. I can kick high, but my hip flexers are always non-compliant, and that is w tons of stretching

I can wipe around my back, but I'll get cramps in either my obliques or my back if I try to hard. The same thing goes for trying to look while I'm pinning my glutes

Hell, I havent been able to wash or scratch my own back in 2 damn years!!! Had to get a luufa on an extension rod just to wash.....LMAO!!!

Lol, same here. I should try to get some of that flexibility back. What I have always done is extreme stretching, but I haven't been doing it so much lately except for my legs. There's no reason that even with the size that you can't be flexible. The size only gets in the way in certain cases. Honestly, I have no problem with that. :)

I can wipe around my back, but I'll get cramps in either my obliques or my back if I try to hard. The same thing goes for trying to look while I'm pinning my glutes
I was about to say, I haven't been able to pin my glutes or shoulders in a while now, quads ok easy, but yeah, you have to give a little. And stretching like Metal said helps,but still not like a guy that's thin. Just make sacrifices,

hahahahahaha ***brothers***

- - - Updated - - -

what's worse than pinning glutes, with shaky as fuck hands, than to top it off your side cramps hahahahaha

hahahahahaha ***brothers***

- - - Updated - - -

what's worse than pinning glutes, with shaky as fuck hands, than to top it off your side cramps hahahahaha

I hate that shit. Nothing worse than having a needle stuck in your ass when your back/side and hands all cramp up at the same time!!! lol

I hate that shit. Nothing worse than having a needle stuck in your ass when your back/side and hands all cramp up at the same time!!! lol

Whenever Presser gets shaky hands it's from what he calls "having a huge D" stuck in his ass, whatever that means

Whenever Presser gets shaky hands it's from what he calls "having a huge D" stuck in his ass, whatever that means

He once told me that too. I never understood it either. He says something about having to be careful to not clench and tighten the muscle

I usually do a half squat after-this allows me to wipe better

Hell, I havent been able to wash or scratch my own back in 2 damn years!!! Had to get a luufa on an extension rod just to wash.....LMAO!!!

I sleep with a back scratcher. Beats getting up to scratch your back against the door jam. I just pin glutes blindly. No way
I can twist around to see. lol Dont beat yourself up about the batting. If you spent some steady time at it I think a lot
of it would come back.

Back