Meningitis Scary shit!

Federal agents yesterday raided the New England Compounding Center, the pharmacy linked to a meningitis outbreak that has killed 16 people and sickened more than 230 others in 15 states.Massachusetts’ top federal prosecutor, U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz, said: “I can confirm that this office and our law-enforcement partners are investigating allegations concerning the New England Compounding Center.”Yesterday afternoon, agents from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration searched the company’s facility in Framingham, Mass., while local police provided support, officials said.In a statement, Ortiz said it was “premature” to say what the investigation will show.In Washington, Rep. Edward Markey, D-Mass., called on the Justice Department to investigate whether NECC violated federal laws designed to stem illegal activity in controlled drugs.NECC already faces multiple investigations by the FDA and several states, but Markey’s request could launch a more-serious probe involving the Drug Enforcement Administration, which oversees sales of potentially addictive or “controlled” drugs.“This is a matter that I believe requires further investigation by the DEA to ensure that this facility, already believed to have broken Massachusetts state law, has not also skirted federal law related to controlled substances,” said Markey, a senior member of the committee that oversees business.Meanwhile, Virginia health authorities linked the death of man in the southwestern part of the state to the outbreak. It was the 16th death overall and the second in Virginia in the outbreak that has been connected to contaminated steroid injections.Also yesterday, the Ohio Department of Health said four meningitis cases in Marion County have been linked to the recalled steroid injections, giving Ohio a total of seven cases.The people sickened in Marion County are a 45-year-old man and three women, ages 47, 50 and 55. Earlier cases involved a Hamilton County man and women in Crawford and Morrow counties.Four clinics in Marion, Cincinnati and Dublin received the injections, which were used to treat back pain.Officials say the revised number of Ohio patients who received the injections is 425. Most have been warned to watch for symptoms.The state says 64 Ohio facilities purchased the pharmacy’s products, including topical products that are considered low-risk, but officials don’t know how many patients might have received the drugs in an expanded recall list.

Original article found at
Federal agents raid pharmacy linked to deadly meningitis cases | The Columbus Dispatch

ok guys, I understnad your frustration. Im 797 certified which means that I can compound pharm grade shit in a sterile environment. I understnad the lables look like shit but these machines that I have seen used to do this are antiquated and hospitals are cheap when it comes to up-grading machines. I can tell you that I have seen very large, very reouatible coumpounding pharmacies that make 10's of millions get loose with there protocols and people die and it gets sweeped under the rug. Its life.
I once saw a HUGE coumpoundiung facility accidentaly mix magnesium for sodium and people got hurt over that one over-site. Its a numbers game. If your making millions of products, your bound to fuck up once in a while. Now since everyone is going crazy about this,, the poor mom-pop little coumpouders will get more red-tape and profit margins shrink and they go out of buisness bc of knee-jerk reactions.

I dont think 16 people dead and another 200 plus sick is a knee jerk reaction bro, now if it were just some sick people or something then yes i would call it a knee jerk reaction, but 16 people dead i believe warrants this type of reaction, plus i seen the facility on the news, which was shared by a trash company in the building. It was unreal if u ask me brutha

I dont think 16 people dead and another 200 plus sick is a knee jerk reaction bro, now if it were just some sick people or something then yes i would call it a knee jerk reaction, but 16 people dead i believe warrants this type of reaction, plus i seen the facility on the news, which was shared by a trash company in the building. It was unreal if u ask me brutha

That's unreal!!!

I agree with Presser 100% THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Not a knee jerk reaction at all, I heard 17 in Fl alone..... Really shared with a garbage place too?

Back