Muscle twitch quad IMI

Jo_seef

Does your muscle twitch or spasm when performing an IM injection in the quad?
Mine will do this pretty often and it's not pleasant.

I think we nip a nerve or hit it I have got lumps big as golf balls when I first started now I found my sweet spots but it happens from time to time esp in calf shots

I had it happen once. Like others have said, it is not painful, just a surprise and a slight scare. I am more bothered when I nick a vein and it shoots out after I pull the needle away.

I did that the first time I ever pinned my whole quad start jumping for a good 5 or 6 seconds didn't hurt as others have said, at least it was the same for me, but it was my first time so I just stopped and kept looking at it. Horrified probably, kinda cool to see though lol

kinda cool to see???? lmao, Ive had it happen many times, no big deal, not kinda cool to see lol, but not a big deal either

I'm not going to go as far as saying there is a direct correlation but I personally feel that it has a lot to do with the amount of mitochondria recruitment and how active they are in the tissue. high-level athletes get spasms and twitches without pinning. Even localized pressure from the needle against the nerve can send impulses off in crazy directions resulting in the twitch.

I compare AAS users to high level athletes because most actually are but besides that the activity going on in the muscle is comprable to that of a high level athlete.

I've had them go on for hours before usually anterior delts..drives me crazy

Back