My range of motion is going to shit..

nuknuk

MuscleChemistry member
The bigger Im getting the more range of motion Im losing. When doing squats I can only hold on to the bar with 2 fingers per hand and it really put me in a bind. Whenever I do overhead ext. for triceps whether with bar or dumbell, I feel like Im choking myself, because my shoulders and chest squeeze on my neck. Im even have to wipe my ass using both hands now. One to wipe and the other to pull on my elbow so I can reach it. I also cannot fix my collars on my shirts because I cant reach them, I always have to have my girl do it for me.

The bigger Im getting the more range of motion Im losing. When doing squats I can only hold on to the bar with 2 fingers per hand and it really put me in a bind. Whenever I do overhead ext. for triceps whether with bar or dumbell, I feel like Im choking myself, because my shoulders and chest squeeze on my neck. Im even have to wipe my ass using both hands now. One to wipe and the other to pull on my elbow so I can reach it. I also cannot fix my collars on my shirts because I cant reach them, I always have to have my girl do it for me.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. Unfortunately, nothing hits your legs as good as squats, but I would at least try to do some other exercises that emphasize the same muscle groups.

As corny as this sounds, a lot of big guys start dancing classes to get the range of motion back. It's what Evander Holyfield did when he boxed. Now you are a bigger guy, but if I was you, I would look into it. And of course Yoga is all about range of motion. Might want to try it. And of course different types of training in Mixed Martial Arts helps as well.

Nuks condition isn't from a loss of elasticity to joints or muscles, but rather a lack of room in the areas surrounding the joint due to the accumulation of substantial muscle tissue. You can tap and twirl all you want and its not going to help. I can't do my collar, tuck in my shirts, and a number of normal things anymore. There are also certain exercises I can't perform anymore due to my size. I can relate to the ass wiping thing, I have to stand up and position my arm / elbow next to the wall and use the wall to push my arm in so I can get to my ass.

You guys will have to invest in a Bidet!
toilbidetset.jpg

(The one to the right is the Bidet and basically it shoots water up, cleaning your @$$!)

^ ^ ^ Lol, that's what I was thinking.

I have some of those problems, but I'm not quite as big as you guys so I don't have too much trouble in the bathroom, but I do have trouble holding on to the squat bar, fixing my collar, scratching my back, etc.

^ ^ ^ Lol, that's what I was thinking.

I have some of those problems, but I'm not quite as big as you guys so I don't have too much trouble in the bathroom, but I do have trouble holding on to the squat bar, fixing my collar, scratching my back, etc.

It sure as shit makes you appreciate your girl scratching and washing your back!! Sometimes I would say its damn near sex!! Its really pathetic that normal little things will make me sweat profusely. I get made fun of at work about it quite a bit.

That little bidet thing looks bad ass! When my girl and I buy a house were going to have to have one of those!

Back