New Ride

• Thread starter Thread starter Choke03
  • Start date Start date
No present, I ordered it 8 weeks ago, just got delivered on my Birthday, Iceing on the Cake. Prez I got the 48 re, I have a small trucking co. I am constantly in one of the Kenworths, last thing I wanted was a manual, Especialy in all the damn Jersey Traffic !!!!

beautiful ride Choke, and the color is awesome.
What do you haul with the trucking co? Looks like a reefer in the pic.
I used to drive OTR, and was back and forth to the east side a lot.

Thanks Harvey. Badger I warehouse and distribute fine paper for a few mills. Distribute to local printers in the NY Metro area.

If you're doing a NYC peddle every day you are earning every penny you make. I hauled meat to Philly and D.C. a lot and frozen imported meat from the docks in Philly back west. tried to avoid NY as much as I could... too much for me.

Got any ideas bro, hook me up. Not really up on that stuff but very willing to learn. 1st off is some rims and Tires.

Choke03 said:
Got any ideas bro, hook me up. Not really up on that stuff but very willing to learn. 1st off is some rims and Tires.

man if you drop it and throw on some 24's youll be the biggest pimp in jersey

musclehead said:
man if you drop it and throw on some 24's youll be the biggest pimp in jersey

honestly...this is a mans truck and not some low rider truck....ill shoot you a pm on some things that can be done and some sites to look at....these trucks can produce well over 500 ponies and over 1000+ ft. lbs of toque :D :D :D :D :D

but it costs some $$$ ...but there are some things that a very low cost and will really wake your truck up more than it already is!!

Prez, I had a 98 with the V-!0 before this and You can't compare the 2, this truck is like a Luxury car on Tren. Definately look forward to your suggestions.

Nice truck,but a Powerstroke will out do the Cummins anyday of the week.I even have hooked my F-250 4x to a Hummer and drug it all over the place! Dodge is supposed to be changing to a different diesel engine soon,I heard from the grapevine.Don't get me wrong I used to have a Dodge and loved it.But the Cummings is a pussycat compared to the 444 cubic in Powerstroke diesel.

FishGear said:
Nice truck,but a Powerstroke will out do the Cummins anyday of the week.I even have hooked my F-250 4x to a Hummer and drug it all over the place! Dodge is supposed to be changing to a different diesel engine soon,I heard from the grapevine.Don't get me wrong I used to have a Dodge and loved it.But the Cummings is a pussycat compared to the 444 cubic in Powerstroke diesel.

not gonna get into things to much...BUT...you are dreamin here Fishgear.....a few things first....

Cummins:
inline 6
5.9 liter euivalent to a 360 gas
Choke has a 305hp/550 tq truck stock

Powerjoke
V-8
7.3 or now the 6.0 (they are having major problems with these motors)
i think about the same hp/tq but about 5 higher in each catagory

The powerstroke not only needs 2 extra cylinders to produce 5 more hp than a Cummins but the motor will not hold together with any power mods...i can put a set of injectors in Chokes truck for 6-700 dollars and give him atleast 60-70 more hp at the rear wheels...you do that to a powerstroke and not only are those injectors going to cost you around 2-2.5k :eek: but chances are the motor will not handle the power and blow up...Cummins is built in over the road trucks and built to last.....the blocks and rods on these two motors are not comparison...i will see if i can get a picture up on this....absolutely no comparison..... i know you guys knew this was Cummin :D

those comparisons and studies that you see on TV and mags you must also have to take into effect if it was an ext cab...the manual vs. auto, gears (3.55,3.73, or 4.10)

right now there is a Banks built dodge dakota that has a 4cylinder Cummins in it that does 222mph...worlds fastest truck...

i would love to see a powerstroke or duramax do that and hold together :rolleyes:

Damn prez you know your shit, when I get some cash I will definately call on you to help me hook up the Truck. Thanks for the info cause some guy at work was just spewing the same Ford rules stuff on me, now I have knowledge to go back at him.

Back