Niacin fucked me up today

CH3NO2

Gold Member
I always take a prework out like Jac3d and I love the tingle feeling. I can take 3 scoops of Jack3d and and drink a large coffee before a workout and I'm perfectly fine. I alway get good pumps and better workouts from it. I also never got fucked up from ephedra. So I was reading about some of the cholesterol benefits of taking Niacin. So before I went to the gyn this afternoon I took one 250mg pill of Niacin. I took no other preworkout with the niacin. So the gym is about a 15 minute drive. By the time I was half way to the gym I could tell this was way more intense than the Jack3d in the tingle effect. I was saying to my wife I was surprised how quickly I was feeling the effects. By the time I got to the gym I made it about 10 steps in and I felt like I was going to pass out. I grayed out pretty bad and had to sit down. I pounded two bottles of water with no help to the way I was feeling and a buddy bough me a poweraid. I pounded that for the sugar cause it honestly felt like my blood sugar dropped and I was hypoglycemic. The poweraid helped alot and after about 15 minutes sitting on the floor and feeling slightly embarrassed I managed to pick myself up and managed to get in a halfass workout.

Has anyone had any kinds of side effects like this from taking niacin before? I read people are taking 1500mg a day of this stuff. 250mg knocked me on my ass. I told my wife I was glad I did not take two pills or the front desk may have called an ambulance cause no doubt I would have passed out. I have never passed out in my life and this was without a doubt as close as I want to come.

I've never felt like that before from niacin and I used to take it all the time. I did switch from the regular niacin to the flush free niacin because I hated the tingle feeling. It felt like an immediate sunburn, but nothing other than intense flushed feelings

Yes, Regular Niacin has a strong reaction potential. Niacin causes the body to release prostaglandins which cause blood vessels to dilate, flushing. It also causes the body to have an immediate release of histamines, tingling and itching. The body will get used to Niacin over time, so if you take the regular you can get a low dose and slowly raise it, or get the non-flushing type, to combat the side effects.

Yes I've felt like pure dog shit on niacin and ill never take it again! Hate the stuff!

Sounds to me like an uber Niacin Flush.

Two tips for you. Take Niacin with an apple. Odd I know but it will help.

You can also take your daily aspirin around the same time. Will help to lower the "sting"

Sounds to me like an uber Niacin Flush.

Two tips for you. Take Niacin with an apple. Odd I know but it will help.

You can also take your daily aspirin around the same time. Will help to lower the "sting"

What does the apple do?

Doctors have always told me to take niacin at night so that the flush, if any, would happen while I slept.

Doctors have always told me to take niacin at night so that the flush, if any, would happen while I slept.

That's weird, it always hit me pretty quickly, I'm not sure I'd be asleep by the time it kicked in and I got the flush. Either way, I just take the flush free now and I'm happy

- - - Updated - - -

That's weird, it always hit me pretty quickly, I'm not sure I'd be asleep by the time it kicked in and I got the flush. Either way, I just take the flush free now and I'm happy

I should add that I take Ambien to sleep, so I'm usually out pretty quickly, lol.

I was laughing at this post before I read it. Niacin is a great a great supplement, but you have to build a tolerance. Also, as one user mentioned, it helps to start dosing at night for the first week or so and then add in day-time dosing. Keep with it!

No way I would take this before getting into bed. No way.

I'll try to take half a pill(125mg) with an aspirin and see how I do. I've not taken it since the first time. Kinda scared...LOL

Back