Oatmeal and Protein shakes

Yup i use ultra fine oats (might be what oats plus are but the uk equivalent) Makes for a good post WO shake

yup, i do.

fat free milk
2 otmeal packets
3 scoops of dymatize

It ends up being around 710 cals. Could even add PB for a cpl more cals

oatmeal is just a slow burning carb. Us people who watch carb intake prefer them.

this is sad but i never really understood the whole carb thing.. i know its used for energy. when do you want carbs, how many a day? i eat over 200grams of protein everyday

You want carbs in the morning to mid afternoon so that you can have energy in order to perform during the day. You do not want to eat carbs after mid afternoon or into the evening because it will turn to fat if it isn't burnt off.

As for how many carbs you need a day, there's many things that would need to be considered before that can be answered, what do you weigh, what's your goal....

Been doing that forever..I put 1-1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats in the blender and let it soak for about 30 mins. in the water or milk....then blend it all up...I also put 2 TBSP EVVO in there or Coc. oil...bananna, eggs...whatever im in the mood for..I usually do 2 of those a day...first is always for breakfast.

I might try this. I just don't like oatmeal in and of itself but mixed in things I do. Love oatmeal cookies for sure but I don't think thats how I need to get it.

Try our nutrition to go...whey iso, oats and omega plus mixed together...instantizes in a shaker and you can pick flavors...someone on our facebook page left comments raving about the chocolate peanut butter

Try our nutrition to go...whey iso, oats and omega plus mixed together...instantizes in a shaker and you can pick flavors...someone on our facebook page left comments raving about the chocolate peanut butter

Yea, I read that comment, I bought some for a friend of mine to try. He's in love with Cytogainer, but I'm going to try to convert him

i weigh 190... today i hate 2 packetts of low sugar oatmeal with 4 egg whites and 1 yoke. hows that for breakfast?

I just tried a tub of ON Oats and Whey chocolate flavor. It was pretty damn good, I was surprised.
I think I'm going to try that stuff from PN though now.

i have a 2 scoop protein shake like 3 hours later.....isnt 4 egsg whites with 1 yoke around 20grams? figure the 2 packages of oatmeal is like another 8 and milk like 4.. so like 32 grams? i'll add a complete add and make it 40...

complete egg that is
Why on earth would you waste the yolk? Thats where all the good stuff is...
theres only 3 grams of Pro. in an egg white..6-7 grams protein in the whole egg depending on size. Egg whites are a waste IMO unless you are in a contest prep or have major cholesterol issues. Eat the whole damn thing:sport:...
So yes, as Mike said, and your whey to that meal to up the pro. content...adding to solid food like that also will slow down the digestion of the whey..thats a good thing most of the time.

Back