Pistols (one legged squat) Tips

i dont think ill be trying them anytime soon lol i tried and it felt unorthodox like quads started kinda hurting so doubt ill be trying them anymore.

I used to do them with a smith machine. Stick other foot out and kinda lean back. Really light weight though.. They kill my knees, so I quit.

Malic said:
please can somebody help me with this..... Alright for my leg workout i do pistols , along with leg extension and leg curls... and after I get my way up in pistols ill do weighted pistols which id have to hold weight out in front of me probably or across my chest to not mess with my center of balance too bad but, for now I need help with doing normal ones

Can anybody give me any tips or tricks with this to help with balance , ive tried grabbing onto a side of a chair when doing it but i still fall back and take the chair with me , ive always had really bad balance , One way i could think of is doing them with my back against a wall , but I want to actually train my balance instead of just my legs , if i have to ill resort to the wall , but if not then great

Why are you even messing around with these? What are you trying to get out of training? What are your goals? If you are trying to simply build some mass, then stick with the core exercises and stop wasting time with novelty exercises. I know at your age, you must think they're cool to do, but really--if you are serious about training, then they aren't necessary.

Back