pre workout supps

mcgaret

Gold Member
Not to mix up w/Teeds "post workout" thread. I like to get in some protien
before so it is available for the muscles. (I also get in some carbs before)
Any feedback on the protien - is it a waste or is my assumption right - that
if its already floating around the muscles can use it during and after the
workout (since its already there)

hey bro, i save my big protien drink for post workout. But every meal, every snack throught the day should have protien in it.

If anything, i might think more about adding a couple carbs prior to my workouts.

Yeah, I slam some carbs - but I also was wondering if some protien before is good
to have it already floating around and available? Am I off base or mabey have
something??

mcgaret said:
Yeah, I slam some carbs - but I also was wondering if some protien before is good
to have it already floating around and available? Am I off base or mabey have
something??

Definitely bro, like 25 grams or less is great though. I usually prepare a small meal some carbs and like 25 grams protein for pre workout with, taurine, ALCAR, and whatever else you like, I dont use any bigtime stimulants, but these help me out great for focus etc.:thumbsup:

i only have coffee or an energy drink before the gym. anything solid probably wont digest fast enough and will give me cramps.

I'm pretty anal about eating 90 mins before my workout so I know I'm not runnin on empty. 30 mins before I take a stimulant, and during I drink a BCAA, Beta Alanine, Arginine mix.

Some say a 1 scop whey shake is best 45 min preworkout, but i usually dnt. Just an idea though, usually 3/4 through my workout i have my whey shake with some fresh fruit or just plain sugar in it. then 1/2 hr after i eat a meal

I've always worried about the insulin release from the carbs making me sluggish. I'm with drew on this one. I'll take some protein maybe 45mins to 1 hour before but no more carbs until post workout. Also I used to take my creatine with the protein shake before my workout.

Unfortunately for me, I have to have some carbs before my workout to bring my sugar level up. I typically will have some protein and chase it with some fruit juice an hour before my workout. I have to have the juice to keep from going hypo from the protein/exercise.

waxy maize startch 60grams! bcaa ethyl ester! before and after work out! i ve been taking the lowest dose of hormones i ever took! i am the strongest i ever been and putting on size , quality size i might Add! Milos Sarcev swears by it! i spoke to him several times in person and online! and few other pros! guys trust me ! i ve taking almost every supplement there is! there is nothing that beats this combo!

dreww said:
i only have coffee or an energy drink before the gym. anything solid probably wont digest fast enough and will give me cramps.

thats a bad choice bro! coffee restricts the blood flow! remember the key is to get as much blood in the muscle as possible! we train for the pump!

bigpump9 said:
thats a bad choice bro! coffee restricts the blood flow! remember the key is to get as much blood in the muscle as possible! we train for the pump!
coffee or all caffene???

bigpump9 said:
caffeine! thats why supplements like no xlode work only for few workouts! then ure body adapts!

No caffiene, NICE... I havent ingested any directly (I am sure the little bit of chocolate I have every once in a blue has some) in over 2 years. Best decision I ever made.

bigpump9 said:
maybe, but sometimes I wouldnt go at all if I didn't have my Monster

bigpump9 said:
waxy maize startch 60grams! bcaa ester! before and after work out! QUOTE]
I have not heard of these products, where can find them? I have been looking to change things up a bit.

bigpump9 said:
waxy maize startch 60grams! bcaa ethyl ester! before and after work out! i ve been taking the lowest dose of hormones i ever took! i am the strongest i ever been and putting on size , quality size i might Add! Milos Sarcev swears by it! i spoke to him several times in person and online! and few other pros! guys trust me ! i ve taking almost every supplement there is! there is nothing that beats this combo!

I'm gonna give this a try. Do you take this immediately before you workout?

Back