PWO Shake. Chug? or Sip?

Pharm_Fed

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
How do you guys drink your post workout shake? I was chugging mine for a while because with all the gatorade powder and creatine in it, it was so sweet I could hardly stand drinking it. Downside to that is it sits heavy in my stomach and with all the bubbles from shaking it up I burp a lot.

The other day I waited for the bubbles to settle and sipped on it during my drive home and found that it was much easier on the stomach. Still really sweet, but I think it's worth it.

I was also wondering if either way would be more effective. What do you guys think and how do you drink your shakes PWO?

I try not to chug it, but I do drink it rather quickly depending on how hungry I am after the workout.

Do you guys think it would be better for protein synthesis to sip it and try and prolong the process or to shotgun it all at once and spike it as high as possible.

I dont think it matters every protein shake i have i chug down in about 3 seconds flat. I drink my true protein with no flavor added an dont care what it tastes like lol. As long as it gets to my stomach im happy. I also drink my olive oil for part of my fats and most people think thats disgusting so thats me lol.

since i like eating right after my workout i usually have my pwo when im about 20min near the end of my workout

so then about a 1/2 later or so i have my meal....

As far as effectiveness goes it doesn't matter whether you chug it or sip it, I say however you prefer is best.

Lately I've been eating about 30-45 mins after I workout so I have just been taking Universal Animal Nitro post workout. It has free form amino acids so it gets in my system quick and makes my pwo meal that much more anabolic.

Mix right after last stretch. Continue shaking till I get to the car, chug it while exiting the parking lot. Get home. Shower. Eat as much as i possibly can.

dude ur thinking WAY too much... finish ur workout and have within 20 mins... swig it, skull it or shit even shot it! just get it in there

I could swear I remember an article somewhere saying it was better to sip it. I thought it was on here somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I'm sure the difference is negligible, but as a natural (for right now) I'm just trying to squeeze every last bit out of what I can. :)

I dont think it matters every protein shake i have i chug down in about 3 seconds flat. I drink my true protein with no flavor added an dont care what it tastes like lol. As long as it gets to my stomach im happy. I also drink my olive oil for part of my fats and most people think thats disgusting so thats me lol.

I drink EVOO in my protein shakes. Or do you mean you drink it straight? I love EVOO but that's too much for me, lol.

Well i take my shakes to work and if i leave the evoo in it they clump up so i just mix my shakes on my break and take a shot of 10 or 15 ml of evoo i keep in a sealed container in my lunchbox :). I would never us condiments if i could eat chicken fast without it. If i dont use some sort of condiments ill chew that bastard for like 20 minutes lol.

Well i take my shakes to work and if i leave the evoo in it they clump up so i just mix my shakes on my break and take a shot of 10 or 15 ml of evoo i keep in a sealed container in my lunchbox :). I would never us condiments if i could eat chicken fast without it. If i dont use some sort of condiments ill chew that bastard for like 20 minutes lol.

I hear that, sometimes I have to chew stuff like that too when it doesn't really appetize me. I use mustard a lot for that, no calories and it seems to get the saliva working.

Back