Shoulder workouts

1MoreRep

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Could a few of the members please post your shoulder routine. I feel like I keep doing the same routine over and over and would like some variation. Im interested in seeing what all you guys do different.

seated dumb bell.
standing military press front and rear..some times heavy weight forced reps
cable bent over rear delts
then maybe around the worlds for shoulders real light weights

Dumbbell shrugs medium heavy weight.

laterel raises side front and back.

upright rows heavy on smith machine.

seated overhead shoulder presses.

seated front delt presses.

atleast 4 sets of each exercise and ALWAYS REP TIL FAILURE ON EVERY SET!

I NEVER COUNT REPS , I ONLY COUNT SETS AND I DO THIS FOR EVERY BODY PART WITH EVER EXERCISE

Some sort of press (seated military, smith machine seated military, DB shoulder press, or hammer strength) Always to exhaustion with drop sets.

Side lateral (cable or DB)

Front raises (cable, DB, barbell)

Barbell shrugs

Upright row

bent over db flys,

reverse pec dec

reverse cable flys.

To get cannonball delts I really think that overhead work is required. Like Arnolds, Front militarys, reverse military and so on. I dont do a lot of front delt work w/the logic that that head gets hit pretty good in benchs, inclines etc. So I concentrate more on side ands rear delts. For traps (seperate day) usually upright rows, shrugs and so on.

Sets usually in the 8-10 range as its not a large muscle and gets hit residually w/chest and back

To get cannonball delts I really think that overhead work is required. Like Arnolds, Front militarys, reverse military and so on. I dont do a lot of front delt work w/the logic that that head gets hit pretty good in benchs, inclines etc. So I concentrate more on side ands rear delts. For traps (seperate day) usually upright rows, shrugs and so on.

Sets usually in the 8-10 range as its not a large muscle and gets hit residually w/chest and back

I use to do Arnold Presses religiously when I was younger but haven't done them in ages to be honest

Front Press on smith machine 95lbs to 225 -6 sets
Upright rows smith machine 3 sets
rear shrugs smith mach. 3 sets
One arm side laterals 3 sets
front raises 3 sets
bent raises rear delts 3 sets
reverse pec dek 3 sets
dumbell or hammer strength shrugs 3 sets

Back