Silk's new ride... it's a BEAST

Dude I hear you speaking of traction. I have a jack roush 427 r mustang that is 455 hp and I had trouble with it blowing the tires off so I put on Mickey Thompson ET STREET DRAG RADIAL and now you can launch that bitch. They are very soft so you want get mileage out of them and they are pricey but worth it as I only drive mine on special occasions or to shows.

It's snug. I have my left arm on the top of the steering wheel and my right arm on the shifter kind of slouched forward. I cant sit back. It's tighter than my C6 Corvette was. Its comfortable though... I think... honestly man its like being in a jet fighter plane I think. There is so much instant power that you forget that its so tight. In fact most of the time your butt hole is puckered so your grateful for the tight fit.
Insurance was no problem. About $120 every 6 months more than the truck... so no problem there. I've never been in a GTR. My understanding is it's easier to launch and go fast especially since it's AWD. I haven't been able to get all the way into this yet as its pretty brutal. The tires break loose even in third gear. There is so much power and so much going on around you that it's almost overwhelming right now. When the tires catch it slams you back into the seat. I saw some stars last night so I have backed down the enthusiasm for now. I've had lots of high hp cars, but this is a TVS blower so it makes boost instantly... so instant torque.. making it much harder to put the power down... but so much fun.. once I figure it all out its going to be insane. I'm hoping to get the aero package done in the next few weeks and do some 170 -180mph runs on the bridge at midnight on the weekends. I won't do it without the aero kits though.
To 60 the GTR may be faster depending on drivers... it's AWD and heavier and less powerful. Once the Corvette has traction (or a familiar driver) its over... they will crack 10's in the quarter and from a roll will kill a GTR. Thats not to say GTR's aren't bad ass.. I'm just a Corvette guy through and through and this is my dream car... I've got a buddy with a Viper... he's just a Dodge guy... I don't hold that against him though... I even let off once in a while so he can catch up
A friend of mine bought a caddy ctsv and did a shit load of engine work into it along with nitrous and man it's beyond sick he also has a mustang that was on the cover of mustang magazine yeah he's a power nut lol.
Vettes are tough to fit a bigger guy especially a bigger and tall guy.
I'm not overly big 6'1 237 and I have to almost fall in and roll out of them lol.
As long as you fit and are having fun is all that matters

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

It's snug. I have my left arm on the top of the steering wheel and my right arm on the shifter kind of slouched forward. I cant sit back. It's tighter than my C6 Corvette was. Its comfortable though... I think... honestly man its like being in a jet fighter plane I think. There is so much instant power that you forget that its so tight. In fact most of the time your butt hole is puckered so your grateful for the tight fit.
Insurance was no problem. About $120 every 6 months more than the truck... so no problem there. I've never been in a GTR. My understanding is it's easier to launch and go fast especially since it's AWD. I haven't been able to get all the way into this yet as its pretty brutal. The tires break loose even in third gear. There is so much power and so much going on around you that it's almost overwhelming right now. When the tires catch it slams you back into the seat. I saw some stars last night so I have backed down the enthusiasm for now. I've had lots of high hp cars, but this is a TVS blower so it makes boost instantly... so instant torque.. making it much harder to put the power down... but so much fun.. once I figure it all out its going to be insane. I'm hoping to get the aero package done in the next few weeks and do some 170 -180mph runs on the bridge at midnight on the weekends. I won't do it without the aero kits though.
To 60 the GTR may be faster depending on drivers... it's AWD and heavier and less powerful. Once the Corvette has traction (or a familiar driver) its over... they will crack 10's in the quarter and from a roll will kill a GTR. Thats not to say GTR's aren't bad ass.. I'm just a Corvette guy through and through and this is my dream car... I've got a buddy with a Viper... he's just a Dodge guy... I don't hold that against him though... I even let off once in a while so he can catch up
You may want to get some slicks to help from spinning to help get the power down. Just a suggestion and may help a lot that what my friend did on both ctsv and mustang

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Sweet car Dude! Bad ass color. I have had three vettes now. I am holding out to see what the C8 is all about.

Thanks guys. It's pretty awesome and it's always been a dream car for me. Technically it's Silk's right now. Eventually she will get something new and this will be my weekend or track car. We were literally nickel and diming things for quite a while not knowing if I was going to have a job or even be able to find work. WE still arent "set" yet, but I felt it was the right time for an injection of motivation. I will tell you that the world looks a little different driving a 100k 650hp car. Some of the things people have said to me are hilarious. I am happy that it isn't my only car. It's just not practical for me, but I NEED one.I'm going back and forth between PA and PharmD because I hear the PharmD market is saturated... but either way when I'm done we will be in really good shape with most everything paid off and I can get something for Silk that will get her out of this... unless the New Z06 is badder.... Silk has gotten the newer better car EVERYTIME since we have been together... everytime. The Dudes time will come, but I'd be happy with this being my play car.
Driving this thing just completely overwhelms me with excitement and a sense of conquest.

Last edited:
Very sexy ride there bro. Love metallic orange. One of these races with us at Autocross and it's fast as fuck. Pretty sure GTR still wins 1/4 mile because of the AWD traction but it doesn't really matter. Drag racing is silly anyways. Don't do anything stupid now, like get wrapped around a tree or go all 4X4 over a crowd of mustang drivers

True, but Corvettes are hard to insure, at least where I live. I've tried to get into a Corvette a while back, and it was a tight fit for me. You're far bigger than me, so how do you fit in there? Friend of mine gave me a ride in a GTR, and he showed off the acceleration. We were at 100mph in 3 seconds on a small side street with cars parked on the sides, and I thought I was going to die, lol! If you can do that faster in a Z06, then DAMN--that's some power there. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go so fast.
That's true I used to own a 2006 corvette and the insurance co. I was with had to inspect it to make sure there was no supercharger on it. They would only insure the base model, no high performance model. The insurance must be extremely high.

If you like the thrill of speed, the big cc sport bikes are the way to go. Cars are too expensive. I used to own a Suzuki Hayabusa, 160 hp ,that would do the 1/4 mile in 9.7 sec., 0 to 100 in 4.8 sec. You have to be a skilled rider though because these high horsepower sport bikes can be very dangerous. I did get it up to 180 mph once and it took me an hour to come down off the adrenalin high. These big cc sport bikes will get to 150 mph faster than a 1000 hp Bugatti Veyron. But then the Bugatti catches them because of the 250 mph top speed of the Bugatti. You can see You-Tube videos of these bikes racing Bugattis and other 1000 hp cars.

Dude. You are only a pulley swap, a Halltec intake, and a tune away from 750 hp. Join corvetteforum.com. Lot of good info there.

Dude. You are only a pulley swap, a Halltec intake, and a tune away from 750 hp. Join corvetteforum.com. Lot of good info there.
Been on there since 2008. Right now as silly as it sounds it's plenty for me. Until things settle I'll probably be driving it in Economy mode for a whIle LOL! I'm in a wedding Friday and the Tux rental was almost $300! So I've got to clean up the car before then so we can at least get some nice pictures out of the deal.
I would think for any decent 1/4 times I'd need R888's. EVEN with the 335's it's wild up to 70... which comes VERY FAST. The peak HP doesn't tell the story. Since its a TVS blower it makes near max boost very low in the RPM range. Super fun on the street, but alot more difficult to put down at the drag strip.
It's pretty fun. I actually drive to class early and sit in the car with the top off and study. Its like a quiet and very motovational reminder of why I go to class, study, and work 16 hours a day or more. I'VE been lucky to get there he gym twice a week. Today is my last set of exams prior to finals, but I also have 2 papers due in the coming weeks. This is going to be my life for the next 4 and a half years...

That's true I used to own a 2006 corvette and the insurance co. I was with had to inspect it to make sure there was no supercharger on it. They would only insure the base model, no high performance model. The insurance must be extremely high.

Insurance isn't bad at all. I have full coverage on both vehicles and I pay less than $200 a month total.

Good luck with your papers. I know all about that stuff. It can be very stressful.

- - - Updated - - -

Very sexy car by the way, good looking pickup as well.

Some gold friends of ours are getting married tomorrow and they are also bodybuilders. He has a Viper. We went on a cruise with them last year I think? We are getting professional photos done of areal of us and the Viper and the Z06. I'll post some up. Should be pretty cool. I want to get some framed for the house

I'm happy for you and Silk brother!
I know you've been through a lot and it sounds like things are getting better.
Hopefully you two will be finished with all the legal crap soon.

Keep killin' it in school bro! I know it's tough, but it's worth it!!
Take care!

My buddy (well family friend) Is looking at getting a Ferrari California, guess which car has the exact same 0-60mph?????
That's right This badass Z06!

Back