surgery next week to repair forearm tendon

Ring Steel

I'll be going to surgery a week from today to have a torn extensor tendon reattached to the bone (elbow). Now I know why I couldn't get the "tendonitis" to go away. :(

What are your thoughts about IFG or HGH to speed healing post surgery?

damn...all of these elbow and tendon issues has got me worried about mine. Were you in excruciating pain or was it a constant nagging pain? Mine has been a constant nagging pain with occasional bursts of sharp pain depending on how I move my arm, lifting weight certain ways, etc.

My buddy had that done a few weeks ago. IGF would help tremendously. GH works much more slowly and I haven't seen too much yet. Be careful Bro and I'd start hitting MC IGF within a week post surgery

damn...all of these elbow and tendon issues has got me worried about mine. Were you in excruciating pain or was it a constant nagging pain?...

Mine has been hurting for 5 weeks, and I was diagnosed with "tennis elbow" and treated it accordingly. After all that time taking it easy, no gripping or pulling motions in the gym, and prolotherapy - mine was just as bad as the beginning. Yesterday I finally had an MRI done, and the doc said that surgery is the only option.

Thanks Dude for the imput on the IGF helping. I'm hoping to get a chance to try it.

How was the surgery brutha!!

The surgery went well, but recovery is being brutal. The surgeon had told me that I'd have the use of my fingers while my arm was in the surgial wrap for 6 days, but that's not the case. Any movement extending the fingers is extremely painful. I guess the tendons are all in close proximity to the extensor tendon that was re-attached.

I'm avoiding the gym altogether until I get the wrap taken off this Thursday. The pain, inactivity, stress and lack of sleep are taking a toll on me. Really need some endorphins to lighten my mood.

**For a research paper, I'm investigating applying 5iu hgh every morning, and 50mcg IGF-LR3 at noon daily - trying to recover as quick as possible.
No gym = no pump from the IGF.... bummer!
The research subject is holding about 7 lbs of water weight, but not sure which product caused it.

Last edited:
The surgery went well, but recovery is being brutal. The surgeon had told me that I'd have the use of my fingers while my arm was in the surgial wrap for 6 days, but that's not the case. Any movement extending the fingers is extremely painful. I guess the tendons are all in close proximity to the extensor tendon that was re-attached.

I'm avoiding the gym altogether until I get the wrap taken off this Thursday. The pain, inactivity, stress and lack of sleep are taking a toll on me. Really need some endorphins to lighten my mood.

**For a research paper, I'm investigating applying 5iu hgh every morning, and 50mcg IGF-LR3 at noon daily - trying to recover as quick as possible.
No gym = no pump from the IGF.... bummer!
The research subject is holding about 7 lbs of water weight, but not sure which product caused it.

Well I hope you heal fast bro and the hgh and igf combo should help a lot with healing!! I feel ur pain with the inactivity though! I couldn't lift for a year with my neck / disc issues and its depressing as fuck but sounds like you'll be back in gym pretty soon!!

Back