Swimming for Cardio & Flexibility

Shaptown

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
So, who here swims? I am talking about any at all. I spoke with a buddy of mine, who uses it as his sole source of cardio, and not only is he absolutely shredded, his core is incredibly powerful as well as flexible.

I would love to get into it, but I honestly have such a difficult time lugging my heavy ass body along to the point that I am gasping for air after my first lap. In addition, I seem to be completely inept when it comes to rhythmic breathing, as I almost always inevitably inhale water lol...

I havent swam in ages bro, I use to pride myself in being a great swimmer, and then years passed by and i didnt swim for a long long time, and by this time i was into bodybuilding and i took my wife to Cancun and we did the whole snorkling thing and i thought why not, as I was always a great swimmer, well i was out of the water in minutes as i sank like a fucking rock! I know snorkling is alot different then doing laps, but i couldnt even keep myself afloat real well, and i panicked and got the fuck out of the water and had my wife tell me about all the pretty fish,lol

i was a competitive swimmer from age 14 to 19 high school and ymca nationals.......i don't think i'd make it from one end of the pool to the other now......haven't been in the water really since.......

I love swimming and still do it like once a week , 1 mile. I would swim more but it's so easy to overtrain if you are hitting the weights hard.

I havent swam in ages bro, I use to pride myself in being a great swimmer, and then years passed by and i didnt swim for a long long time, and by this time i was into bodybuilding and i took my wife to Cancun and we did the whole snorkling thing and i thought why not, as I was always a great swimmer, well i was out of the water in minutes as i sank like a fucking rock! I know snorkling is alot different then doing laps, but i couldnt even keep myself afloat real well, and i panicked and got the fuck out of the water and had my wife tell me about all the pretty fish,lol

Ha ha I feel ya...I for one never learned how to swim...I can basically not drown for a short time....fat is bouyant (sp?) muscle is not....part of the reason you don't see a lot of black Olympic swimmers....generally blacks dominate most speed oriented sports....but since as a whole most younger black males are heavily muscled and leaner than their white counterparts naturally.....compeitive swimming for speed is a sport devoid of the black athlete

(I assume we can have a somewhat intelligent discussion about ethnic tendencies without it being construed as negative and/or racist)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha I feel ya...I for one never learned how to swim...I can basically not drown for a short time....fat is bouyant (sp?) muscle is not....part of the reason you don't see a lot of black Olympic swimmers....generally blacks dominate most speed oriented sports....but since as a whole most younger black males are heavily muscled and leaner than their white counterparts naturally.....compeitive swimming for speed is a sport devoid of the black athlete

(I assume we can have a somewhat intelligent discussion about ethnic tendencies without it being construed as negative and/or racist)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

totally agree with this

Back