The most significant compliment I've ever had

The Dude

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
As some people on here know, I'm very impressed by Rob Terry. He trains at my gym and he walks around at 290lbs SHREDDED. I've only briefly spoken to him a couple times.
Today he came up to me and said "you're training for a pretty big show right" in his strange voice and accent. Very cool guy though. Anyway I said that I was. He then said " well you're huge and you look like you've got great shape, you're going to do very well, I just wanted to say keep it up". I'm still floored. My girl makes fun of me for watching him like I do, but the guy is a genetic freak! Anyway to say that calmed my nerves a bit is a huge understatement! Just wanted to share

Dude, that is awesome...You know, around here (in Iowa) people kinda treat me like a im something special, (like a one of the guys in the mags) but to me im nothing...I still havnt acomplished everything I wanted out of the sport. So when someone say's something nice to me, or gives me a compliment. Im still kinda floored, by it. But, to have someone you look up to say your looking good, now that is something special. Gives ya extra motavation to go out there and do a few extra reps....Hell Yeah !!!

As some people on here know, I'm very impressed by Rob Terry. He trains at my gym and he walks around at 290lbs SHREDDED. I've only briefly spoken to him a couple times.
Today he came up to me and said "you're training for a pretty big show right" in his strange voice and accent. Very cool guy though. Anyway I said that I was. He then said " well you're huge and you look like you've got great shape, you're going to do very well, I just wanted to say keep it up". I'm still floored. My girl makes fun of me for watching him like I do, but the guy is a genetic freak! Anyway to say that calmed my nerves a bit is a huge understatement! Just wanted to share
Is this the Rob Terry that is on TNA... If so he is a genetic freak.. And I can see why you would look up to him !!!

hey, isn't he tall, like 6'2" or taller. A welsh guy if I remember from a news thing. Yes, he looked big but not as thick as you, -- if it's the same guy

hey, isn't he tall, like 6'2" or taller. A welsh guy if I remember from a news thing. Yes, he looked big but not as thick as you, -- if it's the same guy

He's like 6'5, but trust me he is WAY out of my league! He is monstrous! He is the TNA guy, but for some reason he doesn't look as impressive on TV as he is. You should check out his pics from when he won the MuscleMania and then add 40lbs of muscle. He is incredible looking and surprisingly nice. I wouldn't expect someone like that to go out of their way to come over and compliment me.

He's like 6'5, but trust me he is WAY out of my league! He is monstrous! He is the TNA guy, but for some reason he doesn't look as impressive on TV as he is. You should check out his pics from when he won the MuscleMania and then add 40lbs of muscle. He is incredible looking and surprisingly nice. I wouldn't expect someone like that to go out of their way to come over and compliment me.
THAT IS AWESOME Dude !!!

good to hear. People just tell me, "looks like you lost weight" right now. Dont know really how to take it. lol!

good to hear. People just tell me, "looks like you lost weight" right now. Dont know really how to take it. lol!

You train in pants and a t shirt though right? I always avoid those comments by training in tank tops and shorts as I'm dieting. That way although I'm losing weight I look bigger in the gym. It's just one way to have less doubt while you're prepping.

Affirmation goes a long way to motivation in my book. Cool bro and thanks for sharing. We are pulling for all you sponsored guys. Presser the only person pulling for you is victoria's secret on those women's panties you posed in. No one has made an avatar comment in far too long.

Back