The preworkout thread

Your always helpful and on point, very thorough.. i appreciate the time and detail you put into these reviews.
Have you had the chance to try prejym, with speedX3. Yet. All i can say is WOW, intense .

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank you. I haven't tried speedx3 but I bet that combo is amazing. I remember trying a DMAA tab wirth PREJYM and that was great.

Let me rephrase this question. Not a preworkout drink/mix, but looking for a bcaa/eaa mix to take during my workouts. Have you used any amino drinks/mixes that contain both and if so, what and how was the flavor. Any you would prefer taste wise. Thanks Elvia!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I have been using Amino Beast by Beast yourself but they are based in the UK. I just checked and they aren't available to the US. Before that I used Prime Nutrition's EAA's but after the IntraMD scandal who knows if they are dosed correctly. There are loads of UK sellers that have EAA products such as Myprotein and Go Nutrition. I have just realized MyProtein is now in the US. They have loads of great products. Here is their amino product...

http://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/myamino-complex/11205915.html

I would usually recommend to add an extra serving of leucine to an eaa product but myprotein have dosed it high in their amino product so it's ideal. The only issue with that product is the taste. The blue raspberry is nice but the orange/mango is a strange one. It tastes ok but it used to leave the bottle stinking even after 30 mins. I have never come across another product that done that... literally leave it for an hour and you could smell it from 5 feet away. I see they have watermelon which I haven't tried.

Another amino product I like is ProSupps Aminolinx and pretty much every flavour tastes amazing. It doesn't have a full spectrum of eaa's but does have some very useful ingredients as well as a good mixture of bcaa's and eaa's.

I just had an amazing back/biceps/abs workout that lasted about 2 hours. I am throwing in a few longer sessions just to burn more calories but will be going black to shorter ones very soon. I used 1 scoop of Nutrex's Underground Black and it felt great. It gives a decent pump as well as great energy. Although I was getting very tired the final 30 mins of training. I am off all hormones so that is a major factor in regards to my energy levels and stamina so I guess I can't expect a miracle from a pre workout powder. All in all a very good product. After using it again I will definitely stick with that 7/10 rating.

I have been using Amino Beast by Beast yourself but they are based in the UK. I just checked and they aren't available to the US. Before that I used Prime Nutrition's EAA's but after the IntraMD scandal who knows if they are dosed correctly. There are loads of UK sellers that have EAA products such as Myprotein and Go Nutrition. I have just realized MyProtein is now in the US. They have loads of great products. Here is their amino product...

http://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/myamino-complex/11205915.html

I would usually recommend to add an extra serving of leucine to an eaa product but myprotein have dosed it high in their amino product so it's ideal. The only issue with that product is the taste. The blue raspberry is nice but the orange/mango is a strange one. It tastes ok but it used to leave the bottle stinking even after 30 mins. I have never come across another product that done that... literally leave it for an hour and you could smell it from 5 feet away. I see they have watermelon which I haven't tried.

I used their watermelon - it tastes like watermelon, which can be odd if you add it to anything else in the drink mix. No strange smell afterwards that I noticed.

I have been rotating brands a lot recently. I started using kaged muscle again. It's like PRE JYM on paper but in reality not as good. But it's what you would call a complete pre workout that should add to your physique over time (aminos and anti-oxidants etc added). It's a good product but too mild for me stimulant wise. I would rate it at 7/10 but it's not worth the added cost. Well if you don't consume any aminos around training it would be useful adding in a pre workout like it. But for me I use aminos anyway so it's completely not needed for me.

Last night I used Hemo Rage Underground as I was training back and I didn't want the pump to be too intense (lower and upper back issues). It's a good product (7/10) as I have previously mentioned but it does stay with you a long time. I had sustained energy through training but no big hit so it doesn't feel really strong. But I was wired post workout and could not sleep at all even 8 hours later. I should add I did use 1.5 scoops and it's a 1 scoop formula :o:D

Everytime I go in my cupboard to pick I am always drawn towards Ronnie Coleman's Yeah Buddy. Whenever I want the best performing I go with that and it always delivers. Definitely worth trying if you are unsure what pne to get next.

I have 2 pre workouts I am saving until the new year to experiment with. Redcon's Total War and Musclerage's Limitless. Both of these look great so hopefully they perform well.

Back