UFC 258 video: Polyana Viana wraps up nasty armbar submission to finish Mallory Martin

9mm

MuscleChemistry MMA Site Representative
1302022013.0.jpg
Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC Polyana Viana was anticipating a striking affair in her fight against Mallory Martin on the UFC 258 prelims but she was obviously more than happy to use her grappling game to get a first-round finish.
Following a brief exchange on the feet, Viana was quick to drag the fight down to the ground as she immediately began setting up submissions including a triangle choke that had Martin in trouble. While Martin was able to stave off the triangle choke, she couldn’t stop Viana from wrapping up a nasty armbar instead.
Once Viana had the armbar applied, she pushed up on her hips and Martin’s elbow was contorted on the wrong direction and she had no other choice but to tap out or risk serious injury.
Wouldn't be denied

@Polyana_VianaDF locks in the RD 1 armbar!

[ #UFC258 prelims - LIVE on @ESPN ] pic.twitter.com/drNoJII8ld
— UFC (@ufc) February 14, 2021
“That’s a technique I do a lot,” Viana said about her method of victory. “I transition very well from the triangle to the armbar.
“I thought that this fight was going to happen more stand up but once she gave me that opportunity, I wasn’t going to lose it.”
Viana locked up her second consecutive win by armbar submission with this fight ending at 3:18 in the first round.
The Brazilian has now evened up her UFC record at 3-3 while continuing to prove she’s a threat to anybody in the strawweight division, especially when opponents decide to test her grappling on the ground.

{feed:enclosure_href }

More...

Back