Wesley's Incline Bench Press

WesleyInman

National Strongman Competitor
Ok so I know alot of guys have asked me for some more footage of my gym workouts, I to like to train heavy Incline Bench Press since it has alot of carry over to Strongman.

Ironically I felt horrible all day. Head cold, stuffy nose, sinus headache, etc..BUT, with that being said, many times I can pull off a good session when I am sick. I have been out of the gym for a few days, so figured I'd run with it..

I ended up doing 405x 1 for a single...Now I can do more, but I do have a torn tricep tendon in my left elbow. So I am being careful..but I wanted to grab a quick video so here it is...

Also I was able to hit a new PR (personal record) on Pause Reps. A pause rep for me is when I hold the weight on my chest and count to 3 and then LIFT. I ended up hitting 315lbsx 11 Pause reps, which previously my best was 315x9 at a similar Bodyweight..

My Bodyweight tonight was 203lbs with clothes on...

Got some nice compliments tonight, everyone has been calling me a Mini Stan Efferding..I hope it's because of my strength and not my bald head :thumbsup:

405x1
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mdjI0--lCls" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

315x11 Pause Reps
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FETX0ffC-IM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Love the training and keep the videos coming...getting back into it myself so helps with the motivation

You are a strong fucker. That's an impressive show of strength

I have to second this.. When you was hitting the 315 for reps and you was pausing the weight on your chest.. That just shows how freaking strong you are bro.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

I have to second this.. When you was hitting the 315 for reps and you was pausing the weight on your chest.. That just shows how freaking strong you are bro.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

No doubt, especially that last rep

Thank you guys all for the kind words...

Been working very very hard for a long time to get proportionately this strong. Can't wait to compete again, plan is to obliterate everyone else and some records upon returning.

My secret has always been to train with much bigger and stronger guys then me and give 110% to keep up with. For example in Strongman I chased Derek Poundstone for years as we trained together. Never came close to him, BUT I will attempt every weight he does, even if I fail it, I stick with it. Then, when I go to my class and then compete and put in minimal effort, I am at the top with ease. It also keeps you modest when you know there is always someone out there that is bigger and stronger then you.

I try to go heavier then the past workout, every single workout, and am never afraid to try heavier weight that might crush or injure me.

As for the tendon tear, it is only partial. BUT, it can tear completely or it can hold, the doctor recommended 3 years ago when it happened to stop completely...what do they know?? ;)

Thank you guys all for the kind words...

Been working very very hard for a long time to get proportionately this strong. Can't wait to compete again, plan is to obliterate everyone else and some records upon returning.

My secret has always been to train with much bigger and stronger guys then me and give 110% to keep up with. For example in Strongman I chased Derek Poundstone for years as we trained together. Never came close to him, BUT I will attempt every weight he does, even if I fail it, I stick with it. Then, when I go to my class and then compete and put in minimal effort, I am at the top with ease. It also keeps you modest when you know there is always someone out there that is bigger and stronger then you.

I try to go heavier then the past workout, every single workout, and am never afraid to try heavier weight that might crush or injure me.

As for the tendon tear, it is only partial. BUT, it can tear completely or it can hold, the doctor recommended 3 years ago when it happened to stop completely...what do they know?? ;)

You cant go wrong whenever you train with bigger , stronger, and more experienced guys no matter the sport!

Back