I agree. From what I have seen most of them don't have any legs. They barely train legs at least at NPC level. They are mostly focusing on upper body. But I could be very wrong.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

well I've followed a couple IFBB Mens Physique guys lately and they blast their fucking legs and one of them had sick ass quads and a tear drop damn near hanging over his knee cap lmao, so i know the IFBB guys are killing it with legs at least a few, but I'm not sure NPC guys are or not, but if the pros do and judges keep the standard with more muscle, then its only natural they will start hitting legs, i hope anyhow!

I also believe the Mens Physique Standard is going to get slightly bigger and slightly more muscular! Not much more, but a tad more, just enough to sway the bodybuilding community and change the standards across the board for everyone into bodybuilding!

I have always said the European bodybuilders always looked more aesthetically pleasing to the eye than the American Bodybuilder and always hoped we would get back to that look in professional bodybuilding , and i think where mens physique is heading, or a sat hope so

I would agree with you the Pros look amazing. To be honest in the shows I have seen at NPC level, sometimes the Physique guys are more cut and have more size than bodybuilders, then again the shows I have been to see pretty small.

I would agree with you the Pros look amazing. To be honest in the shows I have seen at NPC level, sometimes the Physique guys are more cut and have more size than bodybuilders, then again the shows I have been to see pretty small.

Nope you ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT KITRIANNA! I said this not too long ago here, as I am always posting show results and photos here in our IFBB NPC News Forum, and Yes More often than NOT, the Mens Physique guys look way better than the Bodybuilders at the Local NPC level shows! Very Very sad stuff!

The only time you see well built bodybuilders anymore is when its an older guy mid 30' and up, as our generation was that of Big Jacked muscles, while the younger guys have no fucking idea! ANd the young ones who try to do bodybuilding shows, look like Pure Dog Shit, all bloat and barely any muscle, and then in the same show mens physique guys blow them out of the water looks wise! So your dead right! and i just posted this a few months back, as i could not for the life of me understand what happened to bodybuilding, and I'm here to say its fucking dying , and i think mainly due to steroid hysteria, and younger guys growing up to think they kill you, and then ones who do juice get garbage now days as opposed to all the good shit we had a decade ago

Nope you ABSOLUTELY NAILED IT KITRIANNA! I said this not too long ago here, as I am always posting show results and photos here in our IFBB NPC News Forum, and Yes More often than NOT, the Mens Physique guys look way better than the Bodybuilders at the Local NPC level shows! Very Very sad stuff!

The only time you see well built bodybuilders anymore is when its an older guy mid 30' and up, as our generation was that of Big Jacked muscles, while the younger guys have no fucking idea! ANd the young ones who try to do bodybuilding shows, look like Pure Dog Shit, all bloat and barely any muscle, and then in the same show mens physique guys blow them out of the water looks wise! So your dead right! and i just posted this a few months back, as i could not for the life of me understand what happened to bodybuilding, and I'm here to say its fucking dying , and i think mainly due to steroid hysteria, and younger guys growing up to think they kill you, and then ones who do juice get garbage now days as opposed to all the good shit we had a decade ago
I think with the new classic division we may see some cool stuff.

Change the shorts to what the MMA guys wear. No one can say they are not manly shorts and you also cannot hide that you only work half as hard as you should. I am down with that.

A few weeks back, a 25ish kid at the gym asked me what my leg routine was as he simply could not get his legs to grow. Mine is very basic...reverse pyramid style (15 reps to failure, 4 reps to failure, 6 reps to failure, 8 reps to failure, 20 reps to failure). I only do 4 exercises. I do squats, leg extensions, leg curls, and calf raises. The key is to do them TO FAILURE. When you are done, you should walk like an old man and your legs should burn slightly at the end of each exercise. He was shocked to find out I am 46...made his girlfriend come over to check out my legs! LOL

Seeing as they were the worst part of my body for most of my life, I am happy about that. The physique people should have to show off their legs.

Last edited:
Shorter shorts I still wear gym shorts proud of my quades my wife hates them calls them girl shorts don't care if u are a bb or mens physique ur legs are the base of man hood ask branch ( QUADEZILLA ) warren imhop

My boy in the middle few weeks ago at his first show in years. Age 43! I think his shorts are ok.
attachment.php

Attachments

• doug.jpg
    doug.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 26
My boy in the middle few weeks ago at his first show in years. Age 43! I think his shorts are ok.
16615-what-your-thoughts-proposed-change-mens-physique-serious-question-doug.jpg

yeah bro all mens physique guys should have to wear those type! i don't mind them being a little longer down the leg but they must be tight fitting like that

@presser
View attachment 16613

Came through my Facebook feed.

well thank GOD, they are trying to revive bodybuilding! because without this class, and with mens physique being hit or miss with muscle, lets face it, bodybuilding was dead, or on the way out, now lets see what they do with this new class

well thank GOD, they are trying to revive bodybuilding! because without this class, and with mens physique being hit or miss with muscle, lets face it, bodybuilding was dead, or on the way out, now lets see what they do with this new class
All I can say Frank Zhane. That's a classic perfect physique.

All I can say Frank Zhane. That's a classic perfect physique.

yeah we had a lot of good guys from years past, but I'm still hoping we start this class right with that European ripped looked, tiny fucking waist, huge muscle bellies etc...

I just hope the Classic Division doesn't morph along time into what we are now seeing in the Open ranks.

says a lot about muscle maturity, the younger guys just don't have it or its too much work to body build so physique is their outlet. I agree most shows its always the "older" guys who have been at it a while that looks the best..seen a lot of shows where the masters class usually wins overall.

Back