what car would you want under $40k?

• Thread starter Thread starter WeirdAl
  • Start date Start date
me likey

footballcat said:
does no one like raw power on the board. 390hp

I almost traded my 02 GT on a Cobra. That is one bad ass engine, and a double overdrive trans.... payment would have been a little rich for me. If I don't get a boat I might consider it again.

I'm in the market for a good convertible. Funny b/c Im sitting on 2' of snow right now. Anyways, Id like to stay tne 40K limit. I checked the mustangs. The GT was a piece, beautiful outside but the inside was too reminicent of the piece of crap mustang I had in the 80's which left me stranded. I think I'll get ripped on a cobra conv (they have to order it). What ya all think of a mitsu eclipse spyder?

Re: me likey

Badgermoon said:

I almost traded my 02 GT on a Cobra. That is one bad ass engine, and a double overdrive trans.... payment would have been a little rich for me. If I don't get a boat I might consider it again.

Hell throw a Vortech Supercharger on your GT and you'd be pushing about 360RHP!! It'd only cost you between $2500-3000, add that to your GT cost and your still way below the Cobra Cost!

I like that idea BJ. But would the current valving be big enough to handle the extra charge?

Badgermoon said:
I like that idea BJ. But would the current valving be big enough to handle the extra charge?

Yes, with no probs...I had a buddy do it with an 01 GT, only had a few bolt-on modifications along with his SC and at the dyno pushed 360 RHP!
Or you could go the cheaper way like another friend of mine did with his 02 GT...just added some bolt-ons and a 125 shot of NOS...pushed 359 RHP on the dyno!

Drive a 2001 BMW 330ic convertible, with upgraded chips, 17"s all around, stick, 262bhp- picked it up as a demo, all maintanance for 50k miles- ran less then 36k.

Back