What move do you like best to hit the rear delt?

nuknuk

MuscleChemistry member
I like leaning on an incline bench, with my chest at the very top of it, while leaning over. Using dumbelss.

deadlifts. Thats all ive ever done for mine. always had good rear delts.

I like leaning on an incline bench, with my chest at the very top of it, while leaning over. Using dumbelss.
I do these all the time. They work great. You can also do them bent-over seated.

I have been hitting these hard. I saw Coleman video of him (-1990?), he was standing, slightly bent over, head-up, raising the dumbbells behind him almost like he's doing triceps. I did these for the past 2 months and there amazing. Try YouTube and see.

i like rear delt flyes on the machine......i can really hold the squeeze easier and no stress to my lower back

Cable reverse cross overs.....grab the left side with right hand and vice versa. Pull like you were ripping a shirt , almost fully extended.

Oz

for something heavy bent rear laterals..I will go up to 60lbs D.B. for that...

for something strict I do rear lateral mach. and go super slow and go for the feel

Jon taught me how to do these not too long ago. At first I didn't like it, but after I felt the burn and soreness that I never felt in the rear delts before, I knew it was working. Now I do them all the time... today, in fact! I also do the reverse flye machine.

for something heavy bent rear laterals..I will go up to 60lbs D.B. for that.

I like these as well. I don't go over 60lb dumbells as well. I also really like setting the Freemotion machine arms at the top and face it. I grab the left side cable (I don't use the handles) with my right arm and right side cable with my left arm. I arch my my back and pull them down and out to the sides. I don't feel anything but my rear delts and I get a fantastic pump.
That being said I don't do too much rear delt work due to the amount of work they get from back movements.

I don't hit rear delts directly, but I do a relatively low volume routine and train everything twice per week. I mostly do chins and either DB or barbell rows, I feel the rows hit my rear delts enough. I also do SLDL for hammies, and that pretty much hit's them too to some degree.

Back