When did fat become...

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
When did fat become the new standard of being "big?" There's a guy in the gym today who is fat not big (by my standards) and he walked around like he was the biggest most muscular guy in the gym. He had a huge gut, not even broad shoulders yet puffed out his lats and chest as he walked around. Granted he benched 225 for 10 reps on bench I didn't quite understand when this became the sought after build. I hate the gym I'm going to to, but because of my work schedule I'm forced to go there because my regular gym doesn't open early enough in the mornings. And after working 10-12 hours I have no drive to make it to the gym afterwards. Maybe it is because I'm not a regular and he felt like he had to show dominance, but I don't know.

Oh gosh I see that shit at my gym. A lot of fat guys in tanks, no sleeves, racer back shirts and wife beaters. I honestly don't think anyone thinks that looks good other than the dufus wearing it. Everytime I see this one kid in his cut up shirt I feel like clapping and yelling "hercules, hercules."

225 for 10 reps ha, that's not impressive in the least bit imo. he's probably on BB.com and thinks he is HUGE, there are a few delusional people at the gym that I see that are exactly that out of their mind but you cant tell them anything.

225 for 10 reps ha, that's not impressive in the least bit imo. he's probably on BB.com and thinks he is HUGE, there are a few delusional people at the gym that I see that are exactly that out of their mind but you cant tell them anything.

Lmao ok I'm glad someone else said that! Lol I didn't wanna offend anyone lol. And I see this all the time even outside the gym, if I'm outside walking my dogs 9 times out of 10 guys will puff up there chest and flex their air lats when they walk by me, it's gotten to the point where my wife and I make little wagers in the shopping market when we see some coming up the isle towards us lol my wife pics them out the best! They're called DUESCH BAGS OR STRAPPERS

My wife and I were talking about something similar as in when did fat become "normal?" It's like anyone who is naturally fit or thin or muscular is an exercise nazi or obsessive compulsive. We go into the supermarket and eyes bug out at me like I'm a martian or something. I'm not anywhere near as big as Presser although I'm bigger than the norm so I don't get so much the competitive air lat flaring, but it's like an epidemic of fat people who think they are normal.

Lmao ok I'm glad someone else said that! Lol I didn't wanna offend anyone lol. And I see this all the time even outside the gym, if I'm outside walking my dogs 9 times out of 10 guys will puff up there chest and flex their air lats when they walk by me, it's gotten to the point where my wife and I make little wagers in the shopping market when we see some coming up the isle towards us lol my wife pics them out the best! They're called DUESCH BAGS OR STRAPPERS

My wife does the same thing. she'll say, hey that guy is checking you out. I always ask if his wife or girlfriend was too, that's what counts

yea people tend to do that, but what I find funny is it seems when I am walking through the store all the little white guys puff up but the black guys always say whats up, my girl always asks if I know them and I am like nope they're just being friendly.

haaaaaaaa love it, theres a guy in my gym same shit, with all the "I used to" stories in the world. I really wished a 135 lb guy walked up to him looked at him for 5 seconds, not saying anything, broke his nose with 1 swing, than walked away. I would literally shit my pants and be proud of it.

yea people tend to do that, but what I find funny is it seems when I am walking through the store all the little white guys puff up but the black guys always say whats up, my girl always asks if I know them and I am like nope they're just being friendly.

yeah theyre too busy trying to figure out how to hit on your girl without you noticing,lol, atleast thats my experience! lol sneaky fuckers! lol

yeah theyre too busy trying to figure out how to hit on your girl without you noticing,lol, atleast thats my experience! lol sneaky fuckers! lol

LOL, but down here in the south things are a little different.... they do it when I am alone as well if it makes you feel better, lol

At least I'm not the only one noticing this shit. As you all know, I'm not bog by any stretch of the imagination, so if a guy is comparing himself toe then that just shows me how truly clueless he is. I mean I'm strong for my size, but I don't stand out anywhere I go so you must have low self esteem to strive to be bigger than me lol

I crack up at the 125 lb guys at the gym in the tight wife beaters. Where do they get them that small? The childrens section? I also am disgusted
with the guys who only do cardio and abbs and bodyweight push ups ext. NEVER lift a weight. Whats up with that. lol I crack up when EVERYONE
who sees me bench says they USED to bench 300. That is the magic number. Some things never change.

I crack up at the 125 lb guys at the gym in the tight wife beaters. Where do they get them that small? The childrens section? I also am disgusted
with the guys who only do cardio and abbs and bodyweight push ups ext. NEVER lift a weight. Whats up with that. lol I crack up when EVERYONE
who sees me bench says they USED to bench 300. That is the magic number. Some things never change.

Yes the skinny almost sickly look that many men have these days is gross. Its like they enjoy looking like a starving African. Then they get all pissed when they see a platehead who isnt afraid to enter the pain zone and build.

Oh the biggest arms in my gym belong to a 70 yr old obese woman. Those pipes are scary.....

We used to have a guy in our gym that was fat as hell and when he benched he arched like hell and only had like 4 inches to press the weight, more into powerlifting I guess. He could bench a good amount of weight but damn if I weighed 300lb plus I would hope I could push some good weight too. He always walked around like he was the shit too.

they come in small for the kiddies,
yea the people at the gym who never lift weights, why the fuck do they even go to the gym. they can do all that shit in their driveway. baffles the mind.

- - - Updated - - -

oops i forgot, so they can say they go to the gym and socialize.

Exactly what happens. I swear black guys are way better at showing mutual respect then white guys. If a black guy sees me out in public and thinks I look big he gives me a head nod - the white guy gets a severe case of artificial lat syndrome and tells his friend when I'm out of hearing distance that he could "take me."

Yes this is true also. Happened to my gf (ie the one I made the proposal thread about) a couple months ago. Some black guys started hitting on her at the pool and she was polite, but they just kept pushing it. I was back at the apartment during this time naturally because I had to eat and was heading right back out. She texted me and told me the exact pick up line and conversation they used and when I walked back out I walked right over to her (they were still near her at a close by table) and repeated the same pick up line verbatim - "so what you guys doing today?" "Just hanging out at the pool? - That's cool." Then "you didn't think I'd let you hit on my gf while I was gone did you bitch?" Yeah that last part just kinda came out of nowhere. GF was mad bc she said I could have made them mad and it was stupid, but I know deep down inside she is proud of dating someone with balls.

Yes this is true also. Happened to my gf (ie the one I made the proposal thread about) a couple months ago. Some black guys started hitting on her at the pool and she was polite, but they just kept pushing it. I was back at the apartment during this time naturally because I had to eat and was heading right back out. She texted me and told me the exact pick up line and conversation they used and when I walked back out I walked right over to her (they were still near her at a close by table) and repeated the same pick up line verbatim - "so what you guys doing today?" "Just hanging out at the pool? - That's cool." Then "you didn't think I'd let you hit on my gf while I was gone did you bitch?" Yeah that last part just kinda came out of nowhere. GF was mad bc she said I could have made them mad and it was stupid, but I know deep down inside she is proud of dating someone with balls.

That's something I'd do. My gf gets mad because I do that kind of stuff, but I tell her it isn't being protective it's from being around too many drunk girls and knowing that if a guy wants to take you home he'll do anything to do so whether or not you want to. So it just shows that you're not going to let it happen. We all know how most guys think and what they're thinking because we do the same thing, but it's different when you're dumb enough to act on those thoughts

Yup. I don't care if guys check out my wife but staring is disrespectful to her and me. I know most women know how to handle douche bags hitting on them but they love when you let the alpha out.

Back