Where have all the good legs gone ???

Chris250

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
So MC guys and gals, where have all the good, crazy huge ass legs gone ??? I mean look at the pics from Nationals this past year...I mean really look at them...There isnt anymore Demayo's, Warrens, or the man himself Platz out there anymore...I mean look at Brandon Curry, yeah his upper body is killer...The best out there, but where is the balance...His legs are a weak point and they let him win...Look at the middleweights or the lightweights, these guys are doing so damn much cardio they are losing there legs to get a ripped ass...What happen to the days of coming in full and hard...Instead of just being flat and ripped...Seems like everyone gotta have ripped glutes or you wont place high anymore....Look at the pro's to, I see it happening to the older guys...They are losing there legs, not becasue of coming in ripped...But because of injury's to there backs or knee's...Look a Badell, he use to have killer quads, now he is a former shell of himself...Look at Coleman the last couple of years, as he aged and time caught up to him he started to loss muscle in his quads...Levorne is the same way, the final years he lost the size in his quads...But, those are more for age and injurys...I think with the NPC guys, its that they are trying so hard to come in ripped that they lose muscle in there legs from overdoing the cardio...What are your thoughts on this ???

chris

my thoughts you ask? I couldnt agree more and I couldnt agree less with making Peter Putnam a fucking pro, why? because his legs are horrible! Yes viens out the ass, but big fucking deal, i want to see thick sweep!

Yeah I cant say to much about Peter, because I work with his wife (jessica Putnum/Paxson) We sometimes work together at both's blah, blah, and blah some more...We have gotten into it about the damn bikini division crap and other stupid things...So I wont say to much about that decision other than I dont agree with it...

I know my man, it became a glutes competition so everybody is busting their balls on the stepmaster. It happen to Badell last year, he had lost all his lower body size, for this year arnold he had his size back but he wanst in a good condition.

I hate cardio, i do what Victor Munoz ask me to do but i hate it becouse i always lose leg size and my legs arent big, and also i feel to exausted the whole day, after 2 cardios a day, one or two workouts a day, and also training my clients and taking care of all other things like keeping my wife happy, 4 weeks before the show with all the diet, stretching, massages you are a walking sombie.... I hate it!!!

I used to do CERO CARDIO when i was jounger and was training only Heavy Duty, and i was ripped and full getting dry only with the diet and supplemets..... I miss the old days.....jajaja

I've seen the guy work out several times before and unless he is doing some crazy split routine-once in the morning and once in the afternoon- I really don't see how he got as big as he has...there is no heavy weight or intensity in ANY of his sets...

and his legs are diff. far behind his upper body

wondering how he is going to fair now that he's dealing with the big boys?

he might shock us all-but compared to someone like SupermanPC he's not going to place very high

I've seen the guy work out several times before and unless he is doing some crazy split routine-once in the morning and once in the afternoon- I really don't see how he got as big as he has...there is no heavy weight or intensity in ANY of his sets...

and his legs are diff. far behind his upper body

wondering how he is going to fair now that he's dealing with the big boys?

he might shock us all-but compared to someone like SupermanPC he's not going to place very high

who u talking about bro?

Yeah I cant say to much about Peter, because I work with his wife (jessica Putnum/Paxson) We sometimes work together at both's blah, blah, and blah some more...We have gotten into it about the damn bikini division crap and other stupid things...So I wont say to much about that decision other than I dont agree with it...

Come on brutha!?!? Your part of our magazine now, what Kind of reporter are you going to be, if you had say an interview with Micheal jackson, you wouldnt bring up sleeping with kids, or if you were talking to Mike Tyson you wouldnt ask why he beats women. So ya gotta ask Peter about his legs,lmao

I am just playing with ya brutha, I KNOW THEIR ARE PERSONAL LINES WE DONT CROSS

Come on brutha!?!? Your part of our magazine now, what Kind of reporter are you going to be, if you had say an interview with Micheal jackson, you wouldnt bring up sleeping with kids, or if you were talking to Mike Tyson you wouldnt ask why he beats women. So ya gotta ask Peter about his legs,lmao

I am just playing with ya brutha, I KNOW THEIR ARE PERSONAL LINES WE DONT CROSS

LOL !!! Your to funny Pressy !!! you kill me !!!

Ok, Ok, I'l lask Peter why his legs suck !!! :satan: I'll let him know that YOU think they suck !!!:D LOL !!!

chris

its simple. the emphasis is clearly on conditioning. and to be be conditioned lots of cardio work is involved. and i dont think that has to do with being flat. maybe if your behind and have to do TOO MUCH cardio. but the long grind will def take some size of your legs.

Last edited:
its simple. the emphasis is clearly on conditioning. and to be be conditioned lots of cardio work is involved. and i dont think that has to do with being flat. maybe if your behind and have to do TOO MUCH cardio. but the long grind will def take some size of your legs.

this is exactly what I was thinking.

few years ago, it was mass monsters. Everyone complained because bodybuilding lost its "true calling" for conditioning and symmetry.
Now were complaining because we lost the mass monsters. Its just the phase bodybuilding is in right now. Im sure the mass monster phase will return just like the conditioning phase has.

I read an article in flex not long ago asking why people were worried about striated glutes. i personally have no desire to see someone's butt checks unless they are female anyway. I noticed Curry's calves aren't very good at all by the way. I think this is a very valid discussion. Why are legs ignored? I guess db said it best about the conditioning.

Conditioning has overtaken all aspects of this sport...Even at the lower levels you see ripped glute guys betting fuller/hard guys all the time, even if they dont have good amount of muscle....I know in Illnois ripped guys always win out...Now Im seeing this on the National level all the time...

I've got a bunch of respect for competing bodybuilders. Getting ready for a show is crazy tough. Sometimes though I'd like to see some big ass boys get noticed from all over the U.S. who aren't as interested in competing as much as just getting thick. Personally I'm great with that off-season look.

Back