which is the best way to sterilize unsealed vials?

Well I haven't made anything since the old finaplix pellet days and we would just throw that shit together on the counter next to the sink lol you guys are all high tech these days brewing your stuff lol

Simple yet time consuming,

1. Wash bottles and stoppers in anti bacterial soap,
2. Rise thoroughly and set up side down on paper towel.
3. Rinse fully in isopropyl alcohol, 90 to 99%. I actually use a thing to clean jewlery, can't think of name, and fill with IPA, and run each set of bottles and stoppers in that 3 cycles.
4. Let the bottles dry a bit.
5. Place bottles only in oven for 35 minutes at 350 F.
6. Once cooled enough place your clean stoppers on the bottles. I like to set a cap on them as well but no matter what U do air will touch each piece.

IMO baking gear after bottled is pointless, you would need to reach a temp to hot to have an effect and it would blow the Caps off of them. I've done this for years w/I a single issue.

An autoclave is the best option.

Hi to everyone
I know it's old thread and my first reply on that great forum,so sorry for any mistakes hah.
My procedures for sterilization of vials and glass media bottles what works great is :
1. Wash them properly in hot water with some washing liquid using small brush.
2.dry them upside down
3. Wrap every single vial in aluminium foil.
4. Cook them in pressure cooker in 125Celsius and under 15psi pressure for 25minutes using distilled water.
5. After that place them in electric oven for 30 minutes at 220Celsius
You can use no 4 for rubber stopers too ,but don't bake them in oven they could melt
I hope that it was helpful
Stay tuned guys

Instead of me buying all this crap down here in Baja where I live, I should try to make my own goodies. Then i could throw this pond water (Mexican Gear) away

Hey bro. I thought you did make your own goodies. It was you who taught me how to home brew.

yeah me too...lol

I say buy sterile vials they are not that expensive.
do this
buy unsealed vials make your powders up in them and syringe filter into a sterile clean vial with a sterile clean syringe and filter.
i say its that simple, why risk your health bro?

^^^^^ Been doing this for years.

Both sterilization methods of unsealed vials are good. I suggest using both. Your first try is very helpful.
1.A autoclave
2.Washing with alcohol and dry with a oven.

Oops.Click the wrong button.
Hi to everyone
I know it's old thread and my first reply on that great forum,so sorry for any mistakes hah.
My procedures for sterilization of vials and glass media bottles what works great is :
1. Wash them properly in hot water with some washing liquid using small brush.
2.dry them upside down
3. Wrap every single vial in aluminium foil.
4. Cook them in pressure cooker in 125Celsius and under 15psi pressure for 25minutes using distilled water.
5. After that place them in electric oven for 30 minutes at 220Celsius
You can use no 4 for rubber stopers too ,but don't bake them in oven they could melt
I hope that it was helpful
Stay tuned guys

Back