Who Has a 3D Printer????? Or is into 3D Printing and such?

Lol! I've finally got my monoprice maker set up, and it printed a test file flawlessly. Ordered a ton of different kinds of filaments, including some that changes color in the sunlight. I also saw that there is a metal-filled kind of filament that is compatible with PLA/ABS 3D printers, bronze and copper. Going to try some of that when I get more comfortable using the machine. Been collecting files to print when my filament comes in.

nice! well, I have my family involved now as we have one for the house now, my daughter printed out a ring with Sven on it from frozen lol, and my son printed out a Spiderman figure lol, flash forge at home, and work/office same as you with mono price

so, today I popped in my new drone design file, I tweaked from someone else file, and I come back an hour later to find an iPhone charging dock printed out, lol, I guess I chose wrong file on monoprice, thats the only problem with this one, is the user interface screen doesn’t fit full file name when long, wheres the flash forge is a whole other animal with color touch screen and super easy to understand, which is why I got it for the familia , plus its an excuse for me to work at home and get my cad skills up lmao

Nice! I may want to get another printer that has a larger printable area since I want to make a few larger items like lamps, bowls, vases. How's the printable size of the Flash Forge compared to the monoprice? Just got one of the packs of filaments that I ordered, the rest will arrive Friday. Black, gold, silver, white, and a clear that changes to purple in the sunlight (UV). Planning to order metal filled filament soon.

much smaller, flash forge is 5.5 inches so over 2 inches smaller all the way around then monoprice. printed a couple cool things yesterday, tonight im hoping to have time to design and print a toothbrush holder for master bathroom , lol, sounds gay but hey we need one and I can make it so why not

my kids would think the color changing and glow filaments are awesome, lol, I will likely try out goo filaments for them, and for me, I need to find something thats more flexible so I can design a nice case for my daughters galaxy tab that has pop out stands to watch it upright while they fall asleep at night

what I could really use is a workaround for when the print comes off the bed mid print, I wound up trying tape then gorilla glue lol,

If you can make it yourself, why not? I'm sure I'll be making some things like that, too.

I've seen a few videos where they use tape. You probably have to use that more with the ABS I'd guess. I want to get some of the glow filament, too. There's a glowing green and blue, 1kg on Amazon. Also want to try the wood filament. Lol, too many things that I want to try.

much smaller, flash forge is 5.5 inches so over 2 inches smaller all the way around then monoprice. printed a couple cool things yesterday, tonight im hoping to have time to design and print a toothbrush holder for master bathroom , lol, sounds gay but hey we need one and I can make it so why not

my kids would think the color changing and glow filaments are awesome, lol, I will likely try out goo filaments for them, and for me, I need to find something thats more flexible so I can design a nice case for my daughters galaxy tab that has pop out stands to watch it upright while they fall asleep at night

what I could really use is a workaround for when the print comes off the bed mid print, I wound up trying tape then gorilla glue lol,
Presser I know you have said in the past how old your twins are I think it was about the same age as my daughter. She's 7 that's unreal they are printing stuff on a 3d printer. They are way ahead with technology.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Presser I know you have said in the past how old your twins are I think it was about the same age as my daughter. She's 7 that's unreal they are printing stuff on a 3d printer. They are way ahead with technology.

they will be 4 years old in 2 months, and both already writing code now , lol, imagine that lol. But yeah they just look up shit on their iPads they want to print, and then when I get home they take turns printing what they chose out, of course they fight over who gets to print first lol, who gets to push button, who gets to sit on my lap, etc.. you get the picture lol ITS AWESOME!

I have kids son will be 4 in July, Daugher 9.
Step Daugher's 14 and 19.
The two youngest, is amazing what they can do.
Son does so much on tablet, Daugher when she was younger would use Sirius or whatever voice search and see how to spell or look up anything!
It's unbelievable what they can do!

Back