Who's going to the Arnold?

big in vegas

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I plan on going just wondered who else was going...I've went every year for the last 5-6 except for last year, it's getting crazier every fucking year. I normally go up Friday morning to get there when they open and then stay for a few hours then go back Saturday and leave around 2 or so and come back home. I can't deal with the crowds, I start getting anxiety attacks. Not to mention people get crazy over t-shirts when they start throwing them out and it becomes a free for all. It's almost like their throwing gold or cash out.

I wanted to go but tickets are pretty pricey especially for the night show. It would be really cool to go though, its not too bad of a drive directv me.

I don't go to the bodybuilding show, the last two years I've only went to the expo and the UFC fights Saturday night

Me!! I have tickets to the pro men's pre-judging on Saturday and I want to get tix to the pro women's finals on Friday night. Last year was my first year there... My friend and I hit up the expo for a bit Friday night, then went to the women's show, after party on Saturday, then shopped around the expo on Sunday... loved it all! Such a great weekend for seeing friends, meeting new friends, shopping at the expo, networking, gaining motivation and inspiration, the works!

The expo does get insanely crowded and it can be frustrating, but it's all part of the experience...

I don't go to the bodybuilding show, the last two years I've only went to the expo and the UFC fights Saturday night

I heard UFC isn't having a booth this year! :( Last year they had a WEC fight that Saturday, instead of a UFC one and now this year, there isn't one at all. There's a UFC Fight Night that Thursday, but it's not taking place in Columbus, so it's not part of the sports fest weekend.

I heard UFC isn't having a booth this year! :( Last year they had a WEC fight that Saturday, instead of a UFC one and now this year, there isn't one at all. There's a UFC Fight Night that Thursday, but it's not taking place in Columbus, so it's not part of the sports fest weekend.

Yea, I noticed that they don't have anything this year as far as the fights go. I went to the UFC fight in 08 when Anderson Silva fought Dan Henderson and 09 when Rampage fought Jardine. I keep forgetting this is 2011, I didn't go to the Arnold at all last year because of personal issues, but I am going this year and I'm kinda disappointed that there aren't any UFC fights. I hadn't heard they weren't even having a booth, that's kind of shitty. It was nice getting to meet the fighters and stuff, but that's life. In 09 when I went, I met the guys from Tapout and I think it was the next week or the week after when Mask died. It was kind of crazy to finally meet them all and then one of them died shortly after.

I just looked at Strikeforce is having fights at the Nationwide Arena on Saturday since the UFC pulled out...Here's who is fighting and some general info on it...

On Saturday, March 5, Henderson (26-8), of Temecula, Calif., will attempt to add another belt to his wardrobe when he challenges defending champion Rafael “Feijao’’ Cavalcante (10-2) of Brazil for the STRIKEFORCE World Light Heavyweight (205 pounds) Championship at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, live on SHOWTIME® (10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).

In the opening half of a STRIKEFORCE World Championship doubleheader, Marloes “Rumina’’ Coenen (18-4) of the Netherlands will risk her welterweight title for a first time against No. 1 135-pound contender, Miesha “Takedown’’ Tate (11-2), of Tacoma, Wash.

American military hero Tim Kennedy (12-3) of Fort Bragg, N.C., will be opposed by Luke Rockhold (7-1) at middleweight (185 pounds) and undefeated Billy Evangelista (11-0) of Fresno, Calif., will take on Jorge Masvidal (20-6) of Miami, Fla., at lightweight (155 pounds) in other televised bouts on SHOWTIME.

The event, STRIKEFORCE’s first in the state of Ohio, will take place in conjunction with The Arnold Sports Festival, the nation’s largest health and fitness exposition founded by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about this!! I wish the people I was meeting up with in Columbus liked MMA... I prob can't afford the tix now though anyhow. Trying to save all my pennies for all the shows I'm doing this year.

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about this!! I wish the people I was meeting up with in Columbus liked MMA... I prob can't afford the tix now though anyhow. Trying to save all my pennies for all the shows I'm doing this year.

Yea I understand, I'd like to go just to actually watch the women fight and Dan Henderson. I've never watched women fight in person so it'd be nice to see if they are really as intense as they look on tv

Yea I understand, I'd like to go just to actually watch the women fight and Dan Henderson. I've never watched women fight in person so it'd be nice to see if they are really as intense as they look on tv

Yeah, me either... that would be pretty cool! I'm gonna stick to the expo and the shows.

I think I better increase the vitamin c before I go. Last year I got so sick the week I came back...

Yeah, me either... that would be pretty cool! I'm gonna stick to the expo and the shows.

I think I better increase the vitamin c before I go. Last year I got so sick the week I came back...

I did a few years ago, too many people running around not to catch something. I'm surprised at how many people just grab food off the trays and stuff without really thinking about who all has touched that stuff. I'm always skeptical about it, but the drinks in the little cups are one thing, but when they cut the protein bars up and lay them out, I'm always skiddish about those. Echinacea will help too just a lil FYI

Thanks, I'm def gonna take some before, during and after the weekend to try and stay as healthy as possible. I'm a germophobe so I won't eat any of those samples... not that I can anyway (dieting). But yeah, just being in the same building as sooo many people and talking to, shaking hands with and hugging so many people, I guess I was bound to catch something.

Dude you guys make me jealous. Id love to go myself. Steph you are looking awesome by the way. How is Jonflex?

Dude you guys make me jealous. Id love to go myself. Steph you are looking awesome by the way. How is Jonflex?

Sorry, dude... it's an amazing weekend though. So inspirational... you def gotta check it out! He's good... he's still here! :) And thanks, but my avi is from last year... I'm working on getting back to contest lean though. Soon, soon...

I'm not going to throw it in your face, but if you ever get the chance, it's well worth it. It's a great time

For real!!

Back