yamaha yzf600

well a 600 is a 600, personally i love the/my R1's, knee draggin all the way!

Real, i'd wait to buy, summer time, they jack the prices up cuz every1 and their mom wants to ride. when business is slow in winter, u can negotiate the prices cheaper. plus find out when the 03 bikes are coming out, so u can get them even cheaper, thats if ya wanna wait....

I'm in the market for a gsxr 750. I'll probally get it in late dec. It will be my first bike. I still have to take those how to ride classes and all. Hopefully I'll find one for under 5.

NOW HAVE U SEEN THE NEW 03 R1'S THEY ARE FREAKING BAD!!!! ALL BLACK AND RED FLAMES!!!!! IMA HAFTA GET ME ANOTHER R1.

Not to mention the '03 R6, projector-beam headights and SICK styling.... yamaha has the other big 3 jap bike makers blown away in terms of styling in my opinion. I agree, that black/flames color scheme is tight!

UnitImage.asp

As far as the YZF goes, it's a great bike, and enough bike for 90% of the sportbike riders out there. Sure there's the stigma of being slightly heavier, slightly older tech, slightly slower, but it's still a damn fine, damn fast, damn comfortable bike. I'd take one any day. And you know what? Most chicks don't know the difference anyway so who cares? If you go for a thrash in the mountains with a bunch of buddies on R1's and R6's, they'll be rubbing their sore asses and numb wrists and wanting to stop every 50 miles. Meanwhile, you'll be ready to go all day long and you'll be able to keep up just fine. My first bike was a 94 fzr600, and that bike may seem ancient now, but it was fast as hell!
Just remember, keep the greasy side down...:cool:

Last edited:
realcooltime said:
I think I will get the sv650. Fits me well, cheap. I am used to riding low and with V-twin torque....I think the sv650 is the bike for me...for now...Once I learn the bike and the warranty's done, I'll take it in and get it dyno'd. I was at the shop today. They tell me they can add 8 horses to it...It looks like the perfect bike for me. The 650 is so cheap and insurance is so cheap I can get a full set of vansons, new helmets, gloves and boots for me and my girl and still have 1000.00 left over.

out the door on fz1: 12500.00
out the door on sv650: 8500.00

and the sonofabitch slays my sportster when it comes to horsepower.

But i need some advice:

Should I buy now, or wait till the weather gets really shitty, around novemeber, and look for a deal...?

ZB

I've ridden a lot of bikes, and the sv650 is the most fun bike I've ever ridden. Wheelies are a piece of cake, and burnouts seem just natural. The bike is just so fun and light (and cheap!) So here's a third option: wait for the '03 SV1000!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• suzuki_sv1000s_2003_st1pz.jpg
    suzuki_sv1000s_2003_st1pz.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 67
Who wants an R-1 cheap??

My friend has lost his insurance carrier because of an open container violation last year so he has to sell his. Its a 2000 R-1 Vance and Hines S4 slip-on with a aftermarket blue windshield. Its it fucking mint!! He said he will take $6250 for it NO LESS.... it has 5400 miles on it. It is one immaculate bike!! PM me if your interested..I'll attach a pic...this was after we put the pipe on but B4 the new windshield........456

Attachments

• r-10001.jpg
    r-10001.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 44
for those who dont know, thats a good price for a 00' r1. i have 2 myself, a 00' for race, and 01 all carbon fiber my show bike, and planning on getting the 03 when it comes out for weekend cruises, if ya need info on any aftermarket part for your r1, send me an email. i know a lot of distributors, best brands n parts. i previously owned a bike shop

Thanks bro

boking said:
for those who dont know, thats a good price for a 00' r1. i have 2 myself, a 00' for race, and 01 all carbon fiber my show bike, and planning on getting the 03 when it comes out for weekend cruises, if ya need info on any aftermarket part for your r1, send me an email. i know a lot of distributors, best brands n parts. i previously owned a bike shop

I appreciate the bump........456

Back