Your best workout advice...

right there you have it, GO TO FAILURE! the basis for HIT training...
do the warm up sets then go to failure

DON'T YANK THE WEIGHTS, I still see guys who have years of experience do this and given enough time they will injure or tear something

I take it u train this way as well brutha

yeah, actually got certified under IART for it...

not putting the guy down but Dorian was the poster child for HIT and all the injuries he received while bodybuilding was due to 2 things...

yanking the weights and not giving the injuries proper time to heal-this is by his own admission

the guy was amazing though and brought new meaning to the word monster

go to youtube and type in Mike Mentzer the sadist...

brutal the way he pushes people but that's how you grow

go to failure and beyond

Here is something I have learned the hard way and I will give it to you as advice. I PROMISE YOU if you will invest your time and do this you will be amazed at your longevity in the sport. I hurt my hamstring and groin in the left leg over a year ago. I would rest it, but then re-injure it until it got to the point I couldn't even squat 135lbs at all!!!! It felt like my groin was about to fall out!
I now have a girl that is a therapist that stretches me out 4 x a week. After only 4 weeks of stretching I am back over 500lb squats for reps again, 1890lb leg presses for reps again and while I am sore I am not hurting. LEARN TO STRETCH and it only takes 20 minutes! You will be glad you did because it elongates the muscle, which allows for more growth and gives you more range of motion...not to mention injury prevention.

Great advice! That's awesome that it only took 4 weeks for you to recover!

Back