cops paid a visit to my house

Here's what my crim law prof had to say:

"This is a gray area and depends on whether P manifested an expectation of privacy. Looking for things like locked door to the bedroom, does not grant access to parents, pays rent, separate entrance, etc. If P is more like a tenant than a relation, cops on shaky ground regarding consent. So you're right...if the relationship is like lessor/lessee."

So the answer is, as always in law, "maybe, it depends on how good your lawyer is." LOL
Let's see what your state has to say about it.
PM me and tell me what state you're in, and I'll look for past cases setting precedent. For instance, the following decision is from a Hawaii case in 2001, so it looks like in HA you'd have a good chance of winning:

Defendant was convicted in the Second Circuit Court, Artemio C. Baxa, J., of assault in the second degree, carrying or use of a firearm in the commission of a separate felony, place to keep firearm, prohibited possession of a firearm, and possession of a prohibited firearm, after sawed-off shotgun was found in defendant's locked bedroom at his mother's house. Defendant appealed. The Intermediate Court of Appeals, Lim, J., held that: (1) defendant had reasonable expectation of privacy in bedroom; (2) mother had actual authority to consent to search of common areas of house; (3) mother did not have actual authority to consent to search of defendant's locked bedroom; (4) exigent circumstances did not exist to justify search; (5) erroneous admission of sawed-off shotgun was not harmless error; and (6) evidence was insufficient to support conviction of possession of a prohibited firearm.
Reversed in part, judgment vacated and remanded in part. State v. Vinuya, 32 P.3d 116 (HA 2001).

Sorry to hear all this bro. I don't know what kind of a parent would call a cops on their own kid..Its very odd and fucked up thing to do. If you do move out, you better prepare for serious life. Are you gonna live alone, or with a roomate ..maybe your gf..just get married or something..It will help you out..maybe...
Everyone's in some kind of shit..these days..its not just you..all of us have some kind of problems..

well, i havent been charged with anything as of yet, i talked to my parents and i think everything is gonna work out alright. They agreed when i talked to them that if i go see a doctor and get my blood tests and liver tests done, that i could continue using AAS. the last few days have been really shitty for me and i fucking havent slept but a few hours the whole weekend. Thx for the support guys, it means alot.

WTF happened to the time when parents sat down and had a straight up heart to heart talk,,,,,thats how I was brought up and thats what I practise with my teens now! Sorry to hear of your pending troubles,hope it works out.

jshoty said:
well, i havent been charged with anything as of yet, i talked to my parents and i think everything is gonna work out alright. They agreed when i talked to them that if i go see a doctor and get my blood tests and liver tests done, that i could continue using AAS. the last few days have been really shitty for me and i fucking havent slept but a few hours the whole weekend. Thx for the support guys, it means alot.

Huh? Your parents agreed to let you continue using AAS? The same parents that called the cops on you? Something doesn't sound right here...

I would honest take a Bat and break both their hands then say call the fukin cops now ya fuks

I cracked my pops head with a pipe before when he acted like a bitch, But he respects me now.

Hell no turn me in and awwww fukk

Sorry, that just makes me mad, hell I feel like doing it for ya
:mad:

wow! I wouldn't want to get on your bad side mrdummy!:eek: :eek:
but I do agree that they have done a rotten thing. I just would'nt break their fingers, maby just the pinkies:mad: :mad:

Last edited:
I'm really confused. Your saying your parents got the law involved, which may cause you to be charged with a felony. Which could possibly result in a prison sentence, however, now they think it's ok to juice as long as your tests come back alright. "Sorry we got you busted son, don't worry about it, carry on, as you were."

Slippy said:
I'm really confused. Your saying your parents got the law involved, which may cause you to be charged with a felony. Which could possibly result in a prison sentence, however, now they think it's ok to juice as long as your tests come back alright. "Sorry we got you busted son, don't worry about it, carry on, as you were."

well, they just dont want the shit in their house, but yeah ill continue to use even if they didnt want me too

my name is jshoty, i am a retard....lol j/k bro my door's always open to ya if ya need a place to crash. oh, and by the way...eat my schlance

just dumb the hole way around you should have known how you parents would react ........they obviously don't think you old enough or responcable

that sucks Bro if you go to school out of state stay there for the summer or go work out of state for summer don't let them arrest you.........

Back