Eveyone Chant with me on the count of 3

:satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan: :satan:

Let's hope you look like this again tonight, Giggy! :D

mdf286961.jpg

*Marty voice*
I'm gonna do my best to close those QuAcKeRs out again tonight!

capt.1052881047devils_senators_ottx112.jpg

I'm off to the game! YeY! :D I'm so nervous, I can't eat *lol*
*woohoo*
Go DEVILS, GO!

*woohoo*
Feathers, feathers everywhere!
I loved it!

We had a group of about twenty 9 ~ 12 year old boys sitting near us.
When the DEVILS scored their first goal, we were all jumping up & down screaming and I turned around & pretended to shake my 'tail feathers' at the Ducks :rolleyes:
Well, all these kids {and all their dads *LMAO*} watched me do this & when the second goal was scored.. there were twenty more hineys doing the tail feather dance!
It was a riot!! :D

*high five's Choke*
2 down!

Devils 3, Mighty Ducks 0

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer
May 30, 2003
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- Martin Brodeur isn't getting jiggy with anything. He says he's not motivated by his Stanley Cup finals duel with Jean-Sebastien Giguere, but two straight shutouts say he is.

Patrik Elias and Scott Gomez scored second-period goals set up by the seldom-used Oleg Tverdovsky and the New Jersey Devils seized a 2-0 finals lead, riding another shutout by Brodeur to a 3-0 victory over the Anaheim Mighty Ducks on Thursday night.

Brodeur tied Dominik Hasek's 2002 record of six shutouts in a playoff year with his second in a row and, just as in a 3-0 victory in Game 1, was barely challenged. The Ducks had only 16 shots for a second straight game, just two in the Devils' decisive second period.

Brodeur is the first goalie to start the finals with consecutive shutouts since Toronto's Frank McCool had three straight against Detroit in 1945.

``What's important is we're winning,'' Brodeur said. ``You've got to be excited about starting the series like this.''

Especially considering Giguere -- also known as ``Jiggy'' -- was the hot goalie going into the finals and was seen as the Conn Smythe Trophy favorite. Apparently, Brodeur took that as a personal challenge.

``You want to be the best out there,'' Brodeur said. ``Jean-Sebastien really proved that he belonged here and he's playing so far really well. We're getting really good goals on him. But definitely it's really an incentive to beat the best goalie that's playing right now.''

Brodeur is the first goalie with consecutive shutouts in the finals, regardless of game number, since Detroit's Terry Sawchuk in Games 3 and 4 of a four-game sweep of Montreal in 1952.

Remarkably, the offensive key to the Devils' victory, just as in Game 1, were players obtained from Anaheim in a trade for Petr Sykora last summer. Jeff Friesen had two goals in Game 1 and another in Game 2, and Tverdovsky's playmaking dramatically turned Game 2 in a seven-minute span.

``I think any time you go from one team to another, you want to prove to them ... you want to play your best hockey against them,'' defenseman Scott Stevens said. ``Jeff is showing that right now and so is Oleg.''

The Devils, suffocating the Ducks with a trapping defense that gives up shots as grudgingly as some teams give up goals, go to Anaheim for Game 3 on Saturday with a lead that has almost guaranteed the Cup in the past. New Jersey is going for its third Cup since 1995.

Of the 28 teams to sweep Games 1 and 2 at home in the finals, only one -- the Chicago Blackhawks, against Montreal in 1971 -- has not won hockey's biggest prize.

``It's definitely easier to go all the way to California (with a two-game lead),'' Brodeur said. ``I think we discouraged them a lot by playing solid defense.''

Anaheim's problem right now isn't just winning, but scoring. The Ducks knocked off the rust that was evident following a 10-day layoff before Game 1 and were visibly faster and more physical in Game 2. The trouble was, that didn't translate into good scoring chances.

``We're not playing with the same passion and will as we did in the first three rounds,'' Ducks defenseman Keith Carney said.

Again, the Ducks' biggest threats -- Paul Kariya, Sykora, Adam Oates -- were practically invisible. Kariya had no shots and has only one in two games. Kariya said that's unacceptable and, ``Obviously, we didn't want this coming out of New Jersey. But that's the position we're in, and we'll have to come out of it.''

``It looks to me like they're doing to us what we did to two teams before us,'' Ducks coach Mike Babcock said. ``They've got everybody jumping, no matter what line or what matchup, and they're a hungry, hungry team.''

Babcock also said the Mighty Ducks ``had no emotion again,'' and he might make changes for Game 3.

Tverdovsky, so deep in coach Pat Burns' doghouse earlier in the playoffs that he was scratched for eight of the last nine games before the finals, created both Devils goals in the second period simply by throwing the puck on the net from the right point.

With the teams scoreless early in the second period, just as they were in Game 1, and Sykora in the penalty box for holding, Tverdovsky's pass caromed off Ducks defenseman Kurt Sauer as he became tangled with New Jersey's Grant Marshall in front of the net and caromed to an unguarded Elias for a tap-in at 4:42.

Before last year's trade, Elias and Sykora formed two-thirds of the `A' Line, with Jason Arnott, that led the Devils to the Stanley Cup in 2000.

Tverdovsky was playing mostly because of Burns' hunch he might be motivated by opposing his former team. Apparently, he was.

``I don't think it can get more exciting than playing the Stanley Cup finals against any team, but maybe (because) it's the Ducks, I have a little extra edge,'' Tverdovsky said.

About seven minutes later, Tverdovsky shot the puck toward the net from above the right circle and it deflected off Gomez's knee and past Giguere -- only Gomez's second goal in 18 playoff games. The two assists in the period were one-quarter as many as Tverdovsky had in 50 regular season games and doubled his playoff points total.

By now, the rare sellout crowd in Continental Airlines Arena was serenading Giguere with the chant ``Marty's better,'' and, at least for two games, Brodeur has been that. He has yet to allow a goal, while Giguere -- who gave up only one goal in four games against Minnesota in the Western Conference final -- has allowed five goals in 54 shots.

Friesen added his third of the finals with a seemingly harmless backhander that eluded a screened Giguere at 4:22 of the third.

By then, Giguere was almost shaking with anger.

``I know what a competitive guy he is,'' Friesen said. ``That's his nature. He's going to do that (react) a lot. He's definitely going to quiver.''

But are the Ducks shaking? Kariya insists they're not, especially with the next two games in Anaheim.

``We know we haven't played our best game, not even close to our bestgame,'' he said.

Notes

Of New Jersey's six goals in the series, Friesen and Tverdovsky have figured in five. ... New Jersey is 10-1 at home in the playoffs, only one victory short of Edmonton's record 11 at home in 1988. ... Friesen has five goals in New Jersey's last nine games. ... New Jersey is 9-0 in the playoffs when leading after two periods. ... Stevens played in his 228th playoff game, a record for a defenseman. Former Devils coach Larry Robinson previously held the record. ... This is the first time a team has won the first two games in thefinals since 1998, when Detroit went on to sweep Washington.

*cries*

Jeeze!
It's a damn good thingy they're coming home for the next game!
They need some home cheering to get them pumped!
*woohoo*

Let's go Rangers, dot-dot-da-da-dot, Let's go Rangers!

It will always sound better than a Devils chant.

sorry Choke.

*yells*
BRING IT ON QUACKERS!!

Tonight.. the meadowlands..DEVILS haven't lost a home game.

You know.. the Duck's feathers are ruffled because they're a VERY superstitious team.
:D I'm gonna see if I can find an exact replica of the Stanley Cup & hide out in their passage way onto the ice AND I'll make sure they know I *ahem* accidently bumped them with it as they each try to make their way onto the ice.

Go DEVILS, GO!!

Attachments

• devils rule.jpg
    devils rule.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 38
rotf!! hockey fans are such nut cases!! Im happy the Devils won. I dont know the exact score becuase when it was 5-3, I was turning back to a movie and the movie got good and I forgot to go back to the game.

DEVILS 6 ~ Quackers 3

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By IRA PODELL, AP Sports Writer
June 6, 2003

AP - Jun 5, 11:39 pm EDT

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey Devils didn't even need to score the first goal to move within one win of their third Stanley Cup in nine years.

Brian Gionta had a goal and two assists, and Jamie Langenbrunner scored twice in the third period as the Devils rallied for a 6-3 victory over Anaheim on Thursday night.

The Mighty Ducks will have to improve to 3-0 in the series at home Saturday night to force a deciding Game 7 in New Jersey. That would pose a pleasant problem for Anaheim, which hasn't beaten the Devils on the road since 1996.

``We knew we had to win. We had to go out there and do it,'' New Jersey coach Pat Burns said.

Anaheim scored first, and until now that meant victory. The Ducks, like the Devils, were 10-0 in this postseason when scoring first. Petr Sykora took care of that when he beat New Jersey's Martin Brodeur off a faceoff 42 seconds in.

In the first four games of the series there were no goals in the first period. That changed dramatically in this one, with each team scoring twice in the opening 20 minutes.

Where one goal in overtime won Game 4 for the Ducks, one goal on this night merely gave Anaheim the lead for 2:53.

That's when Pascal Rheaume tied it by deflecting in a pass in front from Turner Stevenson. Patrik Elias needed only 3:10 more to put the Devils up 2-1 with a power-play goal. He took a perfect pass from Brian Rafalski and steered it past suddenly ordinary goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere.

Steve Rucchin got Anaheim even again at 12:50 of the first as Anaheim's top forwards finally connected. The goal was set up by Sykora and Paul Kariya, who didn't have a point in the first four games. Sykora was the Ducks' top goal scorer in the regular season while Kariya led in points.

``Our first two lines haven't been playing well all series,'' Kariya said. ``We need a lot more from us to win.''

Gionta made it 3-2 at 3:12 of the second after being set up by Jay Pandolfo. But the Ducks made their last stand just over three minutes later when Samuel Pahlsson tied it again.

It all fell apart after that for the Ducks, who couldn't muster a win in New Jersey despite a three-goal outburst. They didn't score any in a pair of 3-0 road losses to open the series.

``We're disappointed with the way we played,'' Kariya said. ``Six goals in a playoff game is embarrassing. It's not our style of game, and we're not going to have any success like that.''

Pandolfo scored his fifth goal of the playoffs 9:02 into the second. Langenbrunner added two goals, one on a setup by Gionta, in the third period to seal the victory.

``There were a few bounces that didn't go our way in Anaheim, but we didn't let that bother us,'' Langenbrunner said. ``We didn't let that get us down. Tonight, we got a few fortunate bounces.''

One was when the puck went in off Pandolfo's skate instead of his stick. Another came as Mike Leclerc tried to make a defensive play in front of Giguere. Instead he knocked the puck in his own net, giving a goal to Gionta.

``That's an honest mistake. Mike's a hard worker. It's just unfortunate that it went into our net,'' said Giguere, who hadn't allowed more than three goals in any postseason game this year.

The Devils have outscored the Ducks 12-3 while winning all three games at Continental Airlines Arena, and they're 11-1 at home in the playoffs. That matches Edmonton's 1988 record for home wins.

This is the first finals since 1978 in which the home team has won the first five games. Anaheim will try to use that as a confidence boost going into Game 6 at the Pond.

``We're not frustrated at all,'' forward Steve Thomas said. ``We're down 3-2 and we're going home where we've been real good. We're a pretty comfortable bunch of guys.''

Brodeur made 20 saves for the Devils.

``They feel pretty good about playing in their building, and they feel they could push that to Game 7,'' he said. ``We'll try to do everything in our powernot to do that.''

Notes

Teams winning Game 5 have taken 13 of the 17 finals that were tied after four games. ... New Jersey scored twice on the power play after going 1-for-12 in the first four games. ... Only in 1955 and 1965 did the home team win each game of a seven-game series. ... The Devils have won their last 28playoff games when leading after two periods.

*files my nails*
The ole 'swipe them with the Cup trick' worked better than I thought it would.. *winks*

I won't have my voice back for dayyyyys!
What a game! *woohoo*

capt.1054870940stanley_cup_era122.jpg

Back