Off Cycle Gyno

statusquo

Need some help on this.

Last cycle was 9 months ago. Did normal PCT using clomid for 4 weeks and all went well (I assumed). So a about 6 weeks ago I start getting sensitive nips and felt a lump and i started hitting Letro. Been using it for 5 weeks now @ 2.5mg/day and the lump is about 1/2 or 1/3 as big as it was before and my nips are less sensitive, but still tender. So WTF!?? This protocol has worked before when I was on cycle.

Before I consider surgery, I am thinking of switching to Nolva @ 60mg/day for 2 weeks then tapering to 40mg/day and then to 20mg/day. Do you think this is a good idea. Are there any other ideas or protocols or concerns I should be thinking about.

thanks for the advise.

SQ

During and after the cycle did you use an anti-e? For those who can be prone to gyno, they should consider using an anti-e like letrozole or arimidex during the cycle to stop formation of estrogen in the first place. Nolva only blocks the receptors so IMO it is useless during the cycle. Clomid is a form of estrogen so if you didn't have an anti-e during your PCT, it may have contributed to the gyno.

To address your current problem, running nolva now is a good idea so you can block the receptors from getting activated by any more of the estrogen floating around in your body. You could do the 60mg/day for two weeks, but then I'd just stay at 40mg/day after that until you are sure it is going down.

saudades said:
During and after the cycle did you use an anti-e? For those who can be prone to gyno, they should consider using an anti-e like letrozole or arimidex during the cycle to stop formation of estrogen in the first place. Nolva only blocks the receptors so IMO it is useless during the cycle. Clomid is a form of estrogen so if you didn't have an anti-e during your PCT, it may have contributed to the gyno.

To address your current problem, running nolva now is a good idea so you can block the receptors from getting activated by any more of the estrogen floating around in your body. You could do the 60mg/day for two weeks, but then I'd just stay at 40mg/day after that until you are sure it is going down.

Thanks friend. I always use an anti-e during cycle, but as i recall now adex was what i started with but it couldn't keep up so i switched to letro mid-cycle and that worked. I started the Nolva today and we'll see what happens.

thanks again

saudades said:
How's it going? Any update?

Made the switch, it's been a week. I started at 60mg a day and all of the tenderness has gone... the lump has shrunken to almost nothing. I think the issue with all of this happenning is that my natural test levels are not good. Have all the signs (i think)... low libido, low strength in the gym, fat accumulation. Anyway, my wife is not happy and wants me to go visit the doc to see what the deal is. Problem is all of the letro and nolva in my system will screw any tests he'll run, so i quit the nolva cocktail in anticipation of my appt next week. But where the letro couldn't completely pull through after running it for 5-6 weeks the nolva did it in a week.

thanks

yep nolva made my lumps just about go away altogether as well, and i was real close to surhery , i actualy went in and had the plastic surgeon do all the frontal pics and draw his lines for surgeory but in the 3 weeks from then til surgey nolva at 50mg daily made lumps go away just about and this was many years ago and i havent had any real issues since then

Back