Poll: Which would you rather look like?

• Thread starter Thread starter Harvey Balboner
  • Start date Start date

Would you rather look like the bodybuilders of the 70's or todays.

• 70's (Arnold, Franco, Serge, Lou)

Votes: 93 73.2%
  • Today (Ronnie, Gunter, Jay)

Votes: 34 26.8%

• Total voters
Arnold. Sure, his legs sucked, but his everything else blows todays pros away. Arnold had a huge ass chest, and his biceps were second to none.

neither, as I don't want to get that big. I BB for the "model" or jean claude look. But, if I had to choose I'd go with Arnold and the other oltimers

I hate todays look i would rather be huge and smooth in the upper body with abs than veiny and shredded. Just my opinion but I feel you can look better longer with out going for the veinyness than trying to look freakish for 1 day of competiotion

Myself. Arnold, franco and all those other guys are unique.........but to want to look like some else ............well frank zane. Im not into the freaky mass anymore..........been there done that and it lead to a few health problems. The Balanced look of Frank zane is more achievable for me with my injuries.

If I was healthy..........Arnold for sure.

Few comments - somebody said genetic freaks of today - I dont think todays guys
are bigger because of genetics
somebody said Arnold was way above everyone else then - he got beat a few times - Zane - Sergio Oliva (he would loose becaus he was TOO big -
and I think Steve Mitchilack beat him - I like Arnold but his abs never were chiziled
and his legs wernt up to his upper body
Sombody said 70's = no legs - ever see Tom Platz
As far as me - I like the look of todays freaks - But one of the most perfect
symetrical bodies I'v seen was Ed Corney's - he used to work out w/Arnold
(yeah I remember bob paris - pretty guy - Thought he played for the other team
1st time I saw him)

Damn........How could I forget tom platz..........his legs, not only huge, but veins would bulge out that were bigger than most peoples arms.lol

arnold--- but there are some guys here that are very hot.-oh i'm a woman ;) i wouldn't wanna look like them i would just like to touch them or just look at them....

Last edited:
whenever I hear someone say "I dont want to get that big" I have to laugh - it
remindes me of all the guys I have seen thru the years come into a gym and say
they dont want to get "TOO" big, not like the guys in the mags. They usually stop
coming in because they arn't getting any bigger. (watching them work out would
explain why) just cracks me up how they think its easy to put on muscle.
Sorry for the rant

I love that comment when people say I never wanna look like the guy in the mag....yet when the freaks are in the gym the others can't stop staring in jealousy.....Please if you didn't wanna look that way why go to the gym????They could just stay home and get fat and happy and see how many chicks they get.......ummmm zero......LET's ALL GIVE IT UP FOR THE FREAKS THAT DRIVE US TO GET BIGGER EVERYDAY!!!!!

at 5'4 and 270 pounds i like the freaks of today better then the past

but still have to give credit to lou at least now at his age he is a monster
never like arnold his legs needed to be bigger i think

that's a good question, it's not like they can all of the sudden crown a 220lbs bodybuilder (that's losing 80lbs)
but how the hell can anyone get very much bigger than what they are now?
I'm sure it can be done look at Bod Sapp but how realistic is it?

i chose the 70's but i really enjoy bits and pieces of eacvh era but i had to be Dr. Frankenstein i would chose

Lee Priest arms
Arnold Chest
Haneys delts
Yates back
Platz legs
Lee Labrada's mid section
My calves

Overall i liked Eddie Robinson physique

Arnold, Franco, & Tom Platz...and speaking of Platz...remember the movie Total Rebuild where Arnie comes back and wins the O for the 7th time? Why didn't Platz place in the O that year-I really don't get it??? How do you think he would have placed in that comp by todays standards?

Back