repping out 225 on the bench

I guess manmakers are like the supersquats- Take your 8 rep max and push out 20 over time with deep breaths. That is a killer. I just wrote about that.
I guess I have decent endurance, but I think my max is week as hell for my size.

Choke for me man makers are just 2 sets of 20. With 60% of my max.

Man you did what i do for 10 for 20 so your max has to be pretty good. How big are you?

FB now I am 6'1 240 clean scince august. Started dieting last week, I am going to start a cutting cycle soon and I really want to try and cut up this spring/summer. I never had my Body fat % measured but I guess I am around 15%, I can see abs in the a.m. if I lean back and flex, so I know they are there, lol. I want to really bust them out this year.

never really done it at the beginning of a workout...always at the end....so i guess at the end i have gotten 21 i think....and then it was all down hill on the other to sets.

Harvey Balboner said:
I've never tried, I think I may next week on chest day.

Anyone know why the figure they use is 225? That is something I was always curious about.
maybe to keep it simple 2 -45lb plates

Choke good luck cutting, you gonna run another cycle.

I dont have good abs either, i have the top 4 but got a lil fat role, which sucks.

When do you have ur next fight

I think I was around 15 a while back.... maybe 10 now.... but 20 by the end of this month......wacked and Jacked!!!!!!

I like to rep out with 225 for two consecutive sets at the end of bench day. I can usually hit 20-25 for each set.

FB I have nothing lined up for NHB. Training hard now for the NAGA World Champs (Submision fighting) in March. I want to compete Gi and No Gi. Just waiting on a few things and then I'll start my cutting cycle.

Results are in 225 x 14 this morning. Pretty lame but I rarely bench anymore- incline, flat and decline dumbell presses for me.

I am just full of excuses.

winnie said:
I remember reading that they rep w/ 225 becausue they want to see there total strength and indurance. There is a conversion for how many reps you do and it gives your max bench. I believe they do this to prevent players from trying to lift excessive amounts which might cause them injury.

Then again, many variables come into play like Presser stated.

bro i dont think its possible to have a set convrsion for reps to find out ones max, everyones acid builds up at different rates, it just wouldnt work in my opinion

oh and i just did 75 reps , yeah right,!

oh and i just did 75 reps , yeah right,!
Not bad, your getting there kid, lol

CHOKE WHAT HAPPENS IF WHEN WE MEET AT THE FIGHT IM 6'3 175LBS SKINNY 17YR OLD, ARE YOU STILL GOING TO BE NICE ME ,LMAO

Bro,its funny you mention that, got my ass handed to me last night (Gi submission fighting) by a 6'0 180 lb 20 year old last night. The dude was like rolling with water. I could do nothing to him, he subbed me 3 times in 10 minutes.
Some of these Brazilians spend more time on the matt then I do sleeping.
Very Humbling.

I think you take the number of times you can bench 225 and multiply that times 7 then ad the number of the times you did the weight to that # and it will give you your max bench. ie.

225 X 10 times
7 * 10 = 70 lbs
Max Bench 295 lbs. I think it was in Muscular development or mens health recently. Check it out.. I may be way off though.

Back